Erin N. Tuggle
Erin N. Tuggle is a partner in the Trusts & Estates practice group of Jackson Walker and focuses her practice on estate planning and the administration of estates and trusts, with a particular emphasis on complex federal tax issues and the preservation of wealth through efficient transfer techniques. Erin is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
B.S.B.A., summa cum laude, University of Arkansas
J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law
Estate Planning and Probate / Tax
Erin strives to develop customized estate plans for her clients, drawing from her experience in a broad range of estate planning matters, including matters related to business succession planning, asset protection, international tax, and complex estate and gift tax issues. Erin focuses on educating her clients on the various techniques available for minimizing taxes and preserving wealth, achieving family harmony, and planning for business succession. These techniques include but are not limited to:
- the use of irrevocable life insurance trusts
- buy-sell agreements
- family partnerships and family limited liability companies
- premarital and post-marital agreements
- charitable planning, charitable trusts, and private family foundations
- grantor retained annuity trusts
- dynastic trusts
- intentionally defective grantor trusts
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), 2020-2023
- Tax Law, 2021-2023
- Trusts and Estates, 2020-2023
- “Austin’s Top Attorneys” List – Wills, Estates, and Probate, Austin Monthly, 2021, 2022
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2010
- Five Star Wealth Manager Award, Five Star Professional, 2013
- Editor & Contributor, Texas Probate, Estate & Trust Administration, LexisNexis (2005-2016)
- Editor & Contributor, Texas Estate Planning, LexisNexis (2005-2016)
- Estate Planning Council of Central Texas, Past President, 2015-2016
- Estate Planning & Probate Section of the Austin Bar Association, Past Board Member
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association
- Travis County Women Lawyers’ Foundation
- 2012-2013 Chair
- Past Treasurer
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
October 25, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 14 attorneys recognized among Austin Monthly’s list of “Austin’s Top Attorneys” for 2022. For recognition in the list, Austin attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer experienced counsel in one of 38 categories.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
August 3, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 20 attorneys recognized among “Austin’s Top Attorneys” for 2021. For recognition in the list, Austin attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer experienced counsel in one of 43 categories.
January 12, 2021Insights
In this article, we outline selected tax law changes that President Joe Biden has proposed, both in speaking engagements and on his campaign website, some or all of which could be enacted in 2021 or future years.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
August 14, 2019Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 109 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2020 Edition, With Eight Named “Lawyers of the Year”
Jackson Walker congratulates our 109 attorneys named to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers in America 2020 list, including eight attorneys who were named “Lawyers of the Year.”