Harris J. Huguenard is a trial lawyer with experience in the areas of construction, real estate, energy, and financial services. Harris is passionate about serving his clients and working diligently to find a resolution as efficiently as possible.
A seventh-generation Texan, Harris was born and raised in Houston. Harris is an Eagle Scout. He attended Middlebury College where he was a member of the Middlebury College football team and served on the Student Athletic Advisory Committee. While in college, he interned for the Department of Homeland Security’s Counter-Terrorism Division in Washington D.C. After graduating, Harris returned to Texas to attend Baylor Law School, where he was active in Baylor’s advocacy programs and served as the Articles Editor for the Baylor Law Review.
B.A., Middlebury College
J.D., cum laude, Baylor Law School
- The Order of Barristers
- Articles Editor, Baylor Law Review
- Baylor Mock Trial Team
- Baylor Moot Court Team
- Obtained complete defense jury verdict in what started as a $228 million five-patent infringement case against Defendant TV streaming provider. After a four-day trial, the jury returned a verdict of no infringement on the two patents-in-suit, invalidated the sole asserted claim in one of those patents, and awarded no damages.
- Favorably resolved a case for a developer in dispute over the construction of a multi-family residential property.
- Quashed subpoena issued in Los Angeles County, California to media company.
- Obtained permanent injunction preventing third parties from entering and selling client landowner’s property.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit against Defendant product manufacturer claiming product defect.
- Represented pipe manufacturer and obtained favorable dismissal in products liability suit.
- As contractor’s counsel, obtained favorable settlement of claim arising out of client’s residential remediation efforts.
- Co-Author, “Texas Adapts Rules for Service of Lawsuits to the New Reality of How We Communicate,” Jackson Walker Insights (August 2020)
- Eagle Scout Association Executive Committee- Sam Houston Area Council
- Sam Houston Area Council Advisory Board Member
- American Bar Association
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers
- Houston Bar Association