Trial & Appellate Litigation
Jackson Walker is the “go-to” trial firm for many clients in complex or bet-the-company cases in Texas and across the U.S. Clients often tell us, “We hire you for the difficult ones.” Our trial attorneys are known for advocacy, judgment, and responsiveness. Listening, understanding and believing in the goals of our clients are our guideposts in delivering results at the courthouse.
Jackson Walker’s trial group is one of the Southwest’s largest, encompassing about 30 percent of the firm’s 450+ lawyers. Our diverse experience covers multiple industry sectors and specialty practice areas and takes us into courthouses across the Lone Star State, from the major markets of Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio to the Rio Grande Valley, East and West Texas, and the Gulf Coast. Our trial practice also spans the U.S., as we have litigated cases in nearly every state in the union.
We remind ourselves every day of the privilege we enjoy representing outstanding clients in important cases demanding the best we can offer.
- Results: We are known for our expertise in bet-the-company and high-profile cases in Texas, nationally and internationally. Yet, we bring a client- and results-oriented focus to all cases, regardless of size or amount in controversy.
- Preparation: We prepare each case as if it were going to trial, which increases the opportunity for an early, favorable pre-trial resolution. If the case must be tried, we’re ready.
- Efficiency: We zealously represent our clients in litigation with a steady eye on the bottom line in terms of costs and desired results. We use best practices in project management to ensure predictability and cost control for our clients, and we adapt our fee structure to client needs, from traditional hourly billing at competitive rates to alternative fee arrangements.
- Technology: Here’s how Texas Lawyer described one of our partners in a high-profile trial. He “didn’t just tell the (Court) what he intended to prove, he used his timeline and PowerPoint presentation to prove his case.” Our innovative use of graphics and video exemplifies a commitment to excellence in the courtroom.
- Alternatives: Our attorneys are thoroughly experienced in all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
December 5, 2022
Jackson Walker proudly announces Bob Latham’s appointment as Chair of the International Board of ARTICLE 19, effective December 2, 2022.
December 5, 2022
Amanda Crouch has been selected as a member of Leadership San Antonio (LSA) Class 47. Organized jointly by the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce and the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, LSA was founded in 1975 to identify individuals who demonstrate leadership potential and are active in community organizations that support San Antonio’s growth and development.
November 30, 2022
The USA Business Digest is a newsletter covering legal insights for European companies and investors in the United States.
This month, we will take a closer look at (1) U.S.-style discovery in international arbitration and (2) the Lanham Act’s foreign reach to recover damages.
November 11, 2022
In honor of Veterans Day, Justin V. Lee shared his story as a U.S. Army helicopter pilot in Pakistan and Afghanistan and his continued commitment to service.
November 9, 2022
Manny Schoenhuber has unanimously been named a Board Member of the European American Chamber of Commerce (EACC) Texas.
November 9, 2022
Emilio B. Nicolas has joined the board of Austin PBS (KLRU-TV), a locally owned and operated nonprofit public media station in Central Texas, and one of the most prolific PBS member stations in the country.
November 7, 2022
Jackson Walker is proud to announce the selection of Chevazz Brown, Matthew Cavenaugh, Carey Hain, Lindsey Moorhead, and Sang Shin to Houstonia Magazine’s “Top Lawyers” list of 2021-2022 in its Best of Houstonia.
November 2, 2022
San Antonio Managing Partner Julia Mann will visit St. Mary’s University School of Law on Friday, November 4, 2022, to serve as a guest lecturer for Dean Patricia E. Roberts’ Law & Leadership class.
November 1, 2022
Chris Mugica has been selected as a finalist for this year’s Lifetime Achievement Award by the Texas Minority Counsel Program (TMCP). He and the other finalists will be recognized during the Keynote Awards Luncheon at the 30th Annual TMCP Conference held on November 2-4, 2022, in Dallas, Texas.