Trial & Appellate Litigation
Jackson Walker is the “go-to” trial firm for many clients in complex or bet-the-company cases in Texas and across the U.S. Clients often tell us, “We hire you for the difficult ones.” Our trial attorneys are known for advocacy, judgment, and responsiveness. Listening, understanding and believing in the goals of our clients are our guideposts in delivering results at the courthouse.
Jackson Walker’s trial group is one of the Southwest’s largest, encompassing nearly half of the firm’s 400+ lawyers. Our diverse experience covers multiple industry sectors and specialty practice areas and takes us into courthouses across the Lone Star State, from the major markets of Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio to the Rio Grande Valley, East and West Texas, and the Gulf Coast. Our trial practice also spans the U.S., as we have litigated cases in nearly every state in the union.
We remind ourselves every day of the privilege we enjoy representing outstanding clients in important cases demanding the best we can offer.
- Results: We are known for our expertise in bet-the-company and high-profile cases in Texas, nationally and internationally. Yet, we bring a client- and results-oriented focus to all cases, regardless of size or amount in controversy.
- Preparation: We prepare each case as if it were going to trial, which increases the opportunity for an early, favorable pre-trial resolution. If the case must be tried, we’re ready.
- Efficiency: We zealously represent our clients in litigation with a steady eye on the bottom line in terms of costs and desired results. We use best practices in project management to ensure predictability and cost control for our clients, and we adapt our fee structure to client needs, from traditional hourly billing at competitive rates to alternative fee arrangements.
- Technology: Here’s how Texas Lawyer described one of our partners in a high-profile trial. He “didn’t just tell the (Court) what he intended to prove, he used his timeline and PowerPoint presentation to prove his case.” Our innovative use of graphics and video exemplifies a commitment to excellence in the courtroom.
- Alternatives: Our attorneys are thoroughly experienced in all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
September 14, 2021
Laura M. Kidd Cordova has joined the White Collar Defense & Government Enforcement group as a partner in Houston. As a former assistant chief in the Fraud Section of the U.S. Department of Justice’s Criminal Division, Laura primarily helps individuals and companies facing criminal or civil government enforcement actions.
September 8, 2021
“The intersection between COVID-19 relief funds and health care fraud is one of their highest priorities,” Jackson Walker partner Arthur Gollwitzer told D Magazine as the Department of Justice sets out to investigate COVID-19 related fraud.
September 6, 2021
On September 28, 2021, Jamila Brinson and Julia Mann will be honored among the top women lawyers of 2021 by the Texas Diversity Council (TXDC), the local state affiliate of the National Diversity Council.
September 3, 2021
In its recent decision in Van Buren v. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court narrowed the scope of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) and its potential use by employers to ensure computer security and protection for their trade secrets and confidential information.
August 30, 2021
During the 2021 Texas legislative session, Stacy Allen was in the trenches alongside longtime client Texas Association of Broadcasters, advocating for bills that advance the interests of open government and journalists. Of the eight newsroom legislative priority bills from TAB, only two made it to the governor’s desk and will become effective September 1.
August 26, 2021
On August 26, 2021, San Antonio Managing Partner Julia W. Mann was presented with a Women’s Leadership Award from the San Antonio Business Journal in honor of her leadership and dedication to improving the Firm, the legal industry, and the local community.
August 26, 2021
In response to Governor Abbott’s Executive GA-38, which banned local governments from issuing mask mandates, several of Texas’ largest counties filed lawsuits challenging GA-38 and seeking permission from the courts to issue local orders.
August 25, 2021
Jackson Walker Congratulates the Fort Worth Attorneys Named to the “Top Attorneys 2021” List in ‘360 West Magazine’
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 15 Fort Worth-based attorneys to 360 West Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2021. To be selected for inclusion, attorneys with an active license and who practice within the Tarrant County area can nominate up to three attorneys in 44 specialty areas who reflect relevant practice areas in the region.
August 24, 2021
By Lionel Schooler | The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals issued two decisions that highlight the robustness of the Family Medical Leave Act’s (FMLA) anti-retaliation provision, simultaneously emphasizing to employers the importance of avoiding retaliatory conduct under the FMLA.
August 19, 2021
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.