Trial & Appellate Litigation
Jackson Walker is the “go-to” trial firm for many clients in complex or bet-the-company cases in Texas and across the U.S. Clients often tell us, “We hire you for the difficult ones.” Our trial attorneys are known for advocacy, judgment, and responsiveness. Listening, understanding and believing in the goals of our clients are our guideposts in delivering results at the courthouse.
Jackson Walker’s trial group is one of the Southwest’s largest, encompassing nearly half of the firm’s 400+ lawyers. Our diverse experience covers multiple industry sectors and specialty practice areas and takes us into courthouses across the Lone Star State, from the major markets of Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio to the Rio Grande Valley, East and West Texas, and the Gulf Coast. Our trial practice also spans the U.S., as we have litigated cases in nearly every state in the union.
We remind ourselves every day of the privilege we enjoy representing outstanding clients in important cases demanding the best we can offer.
- Results: We are known for our expertise in bet-the-company and high-profile cases in Texas, nationally and internationally. Yet, we bring a client- and results-oriented focus to all cases, regardless of size or amount in controversy.
- Preparation: We prepare each case as if it were going to trial, which increases the opportunity for an early, favorable pre-trial resolution. If the case must be tried, we’re ready.
- Efficiency: We zealously represent our clients in litigation with a steady eye on the bottom line in terms of costs and desired results. We use best practices in project management to ensure predictability and cost control for our clients, and we adapt our fee structure to client needs, from traditional hourly billing at competitive rates to alternative fee arrangements.
- Technology: Here’s how Texas Lawyer described one of our partners in a high-profile trial. He “didn’t just tell the (Court) what he intended to prove, he used his timeline and PowerPoint presentation to prove his case.” Our innovative use of graphics and video exemplifies a commitment to excellence in the courtroom.
- Alternatives: Our attorneys are thoroughly experienced in all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
October 8, 2021
BTI Consulting Group has named Jackson Walker among the 39 firms “Most Feared in Litigation” that demonstrate a fearless nature, urgency, relentlessness, and an aggressive strategy.
October 4, 2021
This year, Jackson Walker proudly welcomes 16 law school graduates to expand our Corporate & Securities, Finance & Banking, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, Trial & Appellate Litigation, and Wealth Planning practices.
September 29, 2021
By Laura Cordova, Erica Giese, & Daniela Mondragón
The Department of Justice (DOJ) has identified over $1 billion in fraud-related losses to government-funded healthcare programs and private insurers. In its recent announcement, the DOJ highlighted enforcement actions targeting four major categories of alleged fraud: telemedicine; COVID-19 relief funds; substance abuse treatment facilities, or “sober homes”; and illegal prescription and/or distribution of opioids.
September 27, 2021
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the addition of Demi Williams as a senior counsel in the Dallas office. In her practice, Demi focuses on all facets of complex litigation, including sports, media, and entertainment matters, as well as government investigations.
September 27, 2021
By Lionel Schooler | The federal Family and Medical Leave Act was enacted in 1993 to enable eligible employees of covered employer to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period for certain qualifying conditions, such as giving birth or caring for oneself or a family member with a serious health condition.
September 22, 2021
Each year, less than 5% of attorneys in Texas are named to the list. Selection is based off of peer nominations that are then reviewed by a research team. Each nominee is evaluated on his or her professional accomplishments, peer recognition, and community involvement.