Trial & Appellate Litigation
Jackson Walker is the “go-to” trial firm for many clients in complex or bet-the-company cases in Texas and across the U.S. Clients often tell us, “We hire you for the difficult ones.” Our trial attorneys are known for advocacy, judgment, and responsiveness. Listening, understanding and believing in the goals of our clients are our guideposts in delivering results at the courthouse.
Jackson Walker’s trial group is one of the Southwest’s largest, encompassing about 30 percent of the firm’s 450+ lawyers. Our diverse experience covers multiple industry sectors and specialty practice areas and takes us into courthouses across the Lone Star State, from the major markets of Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio to the Rio Grande Valley, East and West Texas, and the Gulf Coast. Our trial practice also spans the U.S., as we have litigated cases in nearly every state in the union.
We remind ourselves every day of the privilege we enjoy representing outstanding clients in important cases demanding the best we can offer.
- Results: We are known for our expertise in bet-the-company and high-profile cases in Texas, nationally and internationally. Yet, we bring a client- and results-oriented focus to all cases, regardless of size or amount in controversy.
- Preparation: We prepare each case as if it were going to trial, which increases the opportunity for an early, favorable pre-trial resolution. If the case must be tried, we’re ready.
- Efficiency: We zealously represent our clients in litigation with a steady eye on the bottom line in terms of costs and desired results. We use best practices in project management to ensure predictability and cost control for our clients, and we adapt our fee structure to client needs, from traditional hourly billing at competitive rates to alternative fee arrangements.
- Technology: Here’s how Texas Lawyer described one of our partners in a high-profile trial. He “didn’t just tell the (Court) what he intended to prove, he used his timeline and PowerPoint presentation to prove his case.” Our innovative use of graphics and video exemplifies a commitment to excellence in the courtroom.
- Alternatives: Our attorneys are thoroughly experienced in all forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
March 23, 2023
Jackson Walker Congratulates Its 2023 Texas Rising Stars
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 63 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2023 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
March 23, 2023
Eight Jackson Walker Attorneys Named Up-and-Coming Texas Rising Stars
Jackson Walker congratulates Chris Bankler, Amanda Crouch, Joshua Flores, Noah Galton, Joel Glover, Reagan Marble, and Zach Zurek on their selection to the “Up-and-Coming 100: 2023 Texas Rising Stars” list. In addition, Amanda and Veronica Polnick were named to the “Up-and-Coming 50: 2023 Women Texas Rising Stars” list.
March 13, 2023
What Businesses Should Know About Collapse of Silicon Valley and Signature Banks
Following the closures of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank, many companies have questions about what happens next and potential impacts on their businesses. Jackson Walker has published a dedicated webpage featuring information that may be helpful to businesses dealing with the aftermath.
March 9, 2023
Dawn Holiday Named Fellow of Houston Bar Foundation
Dawn Holiday has been elected as a fellow of the Houston Bar Foundation, an honor bestowed upon less than 1% of Houston Bar Association members each year.
March 9, 2023
Noah Galton and Jorge Padilla Named Finalists for Austin Under 40 Awards
Noah Galton and Jorge Padilla were selected as finalists for the Austin Under 40 Awards, which honor and celebrate Austin professionals who have demonstrated excellence in their careers, while also making an impact in the community.
February 27, 2023
Supreme Court Decision Will Have Global Impact on Free Speech Online | ARTICLE 19
Gonzalez v Google and Twitter v Taamneh are landmark cases concerning the foundations of free expression on the internet: Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which protects platforms from liability for content posted by users.
February 20, 2023
Josh Romero Elected President-Elect of the Hispanic Bar Association of Austin
Josh Romero was sworn in by Justice Gisela Triana as President-Elect of the Hispanic Bar Association of Austin (HBAA). As a member of the 2023 Board of Directors, Josh’s goal for the term will be to increase membership and awareness of HBAA within the community.