John B. Beckworth
John Beckworth joined Jackson Walker in September 2018 as Of Counsel, where he brings his extensive experience to the litigation, energy, and arbitration practices.
John has practiced law in Texas for over 35 years. He is a recognized litigator, trial lawyer, and arbitrator, and his experience includes serving as lead counsel in multiple civil trials and appeals in and outside of Texas.
Recently, John’s law practice has focused on domestic and international oil and gas transactions and litigation, and he currently serves as an arbitrator in civil and energy related cases.
During 2013-2018, John served as Associate Dean for Administration and Strategic Planning at The University of Texas School of Law. He continues in the Law School today as a Lecturer in Oil and Gas Law and Oil and Gas Contracts and he is engaged in a number of business and civic endeavors in Austin, Houston and throughout Texas.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
United States District Court for the District of Arizona
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Ninth Circuits
United States District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
Oil, Gas, and Mineral Law
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), 2003-2022
- Lawyer of the Year – Austin, Litigation – First Amendment, 2018
- Commercial Litigation, 2008-2022
- Litigation – First Amendment, 2011-2022
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2011-2022
- Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2011-2022
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, Federal Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Life Fellow, Houston and Texas Bar Foundations
- Board Leadership Fellow, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Board Member, The Kinkaid School, Texas Cultural Trust, and The LBJ Foundation
- Associate Member, American Board of Trial Advocates