W. Brad Anderson
Brad Anderson is an eminent domain attorney with extensive experience representing condemning authorities and landowners throughout the state of Texas. Brad has extensive experience in every area of the land acquisition process and advises clients on the legal, political, and practical challenges that come with voluntary and involuntary land acquisition. During his tenure with the firm, Brad has facilitated the acquisition of hundreds of parcels needed for electric transmission lines, oil/gas pipelines, water/wastewater pipelines, drainage facilities, railroads, educational facilities, and other public projects — and has represented landowners seeking to secure just compensation associated with the same.
B.S., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Student Bar Association, President
- Board of Barristers, Trial Advocacy, Vice-Chair
United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Served as lead counsel for multinational media conglomerate and secured just compensation in excess of $12 million over the initial offer letter in a case involving the acquisition of road right-of-way in Harris County, Texas.
- Served as right-of-way acquisition counsel for a portion of a cross-state common carrier pipeline project involving the acquisition of roughly 1,100 parcels through-out the State of Texas.
- Secured just compensation in excess of $2 million over the initial offer for a real estate developer who’s property was bisected by a 40 acre roadway taking in Hood County, Texas.
- Assisted in the acquisition of over 600 parcels needed for the completion of a 320-mile electric transmission line constructed as part of the Competitive Renewable Energy Zones project.
- Helped the owner of a multifamily complex secure just compensation roughly 300% above the initial offer in a roadway taking case that impacted the complex.
- Represented the Lower Colorado River Authority in its acquisition of over 95 parcels needed for the completion of its Clear Springs to Hutto project.
- Assisted the City of Corpus Christi with the acquisition of right-of-way needed for the modification and improvement of municipal drainage facilities.
- Represented numerous oil/gas midstream and interstate pipeline companies in the acquisition of the right-of-way needed to complete common carrier and gathering systems in the Eagle Ford, Permian, Kline, and Haynesville Shales.
- Aided Travis County Municipal Utility District 18 with its acquisition of the right-of-way needed for its wastewater interceptor project.
- Texas Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2021
- “Austin’s Top Attorneys” List – Eminent Domain, Austin Monthly, 2021
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2014-2016
- “Texas Supreme Court Reaffirms Validity and Scope of General Easements,” Jackson Walker Insights (February 2020)
- Strategies to Optimize Real Property Acquisition, Relocation Assistance, and Property Management Practices, NCHRP (National Cooperative Highway Research Program) Report 771, 2014
- “There is a Right Way to Acquire Right-of-Way,” Association of Water-Board Directors Annual Conference (June 2021)
- “Lighting Round: Cutting Edge Issues in Analyzing and Trying Your Eminent Domain Case,” CLE International Austin Eminent Domain Super Conference (April 2021)
- “Ethical Considerations for Landmen & ROW Agents: Eminent Domain, Condemnation and Licensing,” Houston Association of Professional Landmen 51st Annual Technical Workshop (September 2020)
- “Coming to Your City (or Rural Property): Current Perspectives on Eminent Domain,” CLE International Houston Eminent Domain Conference (August 2020)
- “Utility Easement Acquisitions – Practical Advice, Tips, and Analysis from Both Sides of the Docket,” 18th Annual CLE International Eminent Domain SuperConference (March 2019)
- “Measuring Just Compensation,” Eminent Domain and Private Property Rights Law Course, University of Texas School of Law (March 2018; March 2017)
- “Utilities, Inverse Condemnation, and More: Point/Counterpoint on Key Eminent Domain Issues,” CLE International Eminent Domain SuperConference, Austin (2017)
- “From the Frontlines: Current Issues in Eminent Domain,” CLE International (2016)
- “Hot Topics in Eminent Domain,” CLE International (2015)
- “Unique Challenges Facing Condemnor’s Counsel Today,” CLE International (2013)
- “High Voltage Transmission Line Easements: Appraisal, Acquisition, and Condemnation,” International Right of Way Association (2012)
- “Condemnation Issues and the Competitive Renewable Energy Zones,” CLE International (2011)
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- West Austin Youth Association
- Dripping Springs Youth Sports Association