Appellate | Labor & Employment
Experienced appellate attorneys in Jackson Walker’s Labor and Employment section stand ready to advocate for our clients’ interests at critical junctures in trial courts, when emergency relief is needed from a court of appeals, and when clients need relief from adverse final judgments. Our appellate lawyers include many who are Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law, who have had experience as federal appellate and trial court law clerks, and who are consistently ranked in “The Best Lawyers in America.”
Jackson Walker attorneys regularly argue before federal courts of appeals and the Texas Supreme Court and have briefed matters in the Supreme Court of the United States. We use our skill and experience to help clients when critical and precedent setting issues must be addressed, whether those issues are significant to a client’s business or an industry as a whole.
Our appellate attorneys also work closely with clients to align expectations and budgets in order to cost-effectively pursue our clients’ interests.
- Advise trial counsel on strategies for a possible appeal
- Conduct oral argument on key trial court motions
- Research and draft appellate briefs
- File interlocutory appeals and petitions for mandamus and
- File petitions for or opposing state or U.S. Supreme Court review
- Prepare amicus curiae briefs on significant matters