Single Family Residential | Real Estate
Jackson Walker provides sophisticated legal counsel and representation to developers, home builders, and investors involved in every size project from small residential neighborhoods to master planned communities and mixed-use developments. Our attorneys have the experience, resources, and connections needed to see single family residential projects from the developer’s vision to final disposition.
We handle all aspects of the single family residential real estate life cycle, including:
- acquisition of improved or unimproved land
- due diligence, land use, and entitlements
- partnership and joint venture agreements
- subdivision or condominium creation, development, and construction
- property owner association creation and management
- development and construction
- disposition of developed or partially developed land
Our attorneys have years of single family residential experience and knowledge that is recognized by our clients and by the municipalities and agencies that approve permits and entitlements for development. We work to strengthen these relationships, which we have built over years, to help ensure each residential development deal gets done.
April 9, 2020
With a large number of businesses shut down, the COVID-19 pandemic is putting a strain on relationships between commercial landlords and businesses.
- Preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements to accomplish client’s goals and comply with applicable laws
- Consultation in platting, development, water, environmental, and utility issues
- Preparation of community documents, including restrictive covenants, easements, and property owner association formation and governing documents
- Negotiation and preparation of construction and architectural contracts
- Land use, zoning, and related regulatory and entitlement matters, including preparation and negotiation of development agreements and working with municipalities and governmental agencies to obtain entitlements
- Representation of associations during developer ownership and transition to homeowner control
- Assessing and structuring financing options to accomplish developer goals