The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) expects to distribute $15 billion to eligible Medicaid and CHIP providers. The payment to each provider will be at least 2% of reported gross revenue from patient care; the final amount each provider receives will be determined after the data is submitted, including information about the number of Medicaid patients providers serve. Providers must submit their data by July 20, 2020. Before applying through the Enhanced Provider Relief Fund Payment Portal, applicants should:
- Read the Medicaid Provider Distribution Instructions – PDF »
- Download the Medicaid Provider Distribution Application Form – PDF »
Provider Relief Fund Terms and Conditions
- All providers who have received Provider Relief Fund payments must agree to the program Terms and Conditions if they wish to keep the funds. On May 22nd, HHS announced a 45 day deadline extension for providers who are receiving payments from the Provider Relief Fund to accept the Terms and Conditions for Provider Relief Fund payments. This announcement means providers have now been granted 90 days from the date they received a payment to accept HHS Terms and Conditions or return the funds.
- View the 45-day extension announcement.
- View the Terms and Conditions for Medicaid/CHIP Provider Relief Fund Payment Distribution.
Please note: This article and any resources presented on the JW Coronavirus Insights & Resources site are for informational purposes only, do not constitute legal or medical advice, and are not a substitute for legal advice from qualified counsel. The laws of other states and nations may be entirely different from what is described. Your use of these materials does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Jackson Walker. The facts and results of each case will vary, and no particular result can be guaranteed.