Law360 has named Jackson Walker among the “100 Best Law Firms for Minority Attorneys.” The Firm ranked among the top three Texas-based firms in Law360‘s inaugural diversity list, which was published on May 19, 2015.
In compiling the list, Law360 surveyed nearly 300 U.S. law firms, which were then ranked based on three factors:
- the percentage of partners who are minorities;
- the percentage of non-partners who are minorities; and
- the number of minority attorneys at the Firm.
“Almost every firm in the Top 100 exceeded the overall average among U.S. law firms of 14 percent minority attorneys and 8 percent minority partners,” the article noted.
Jackson Walker has developed a reputation for success in recruiting, retaining, and advancing a diverse workforce. As a result of the firm’s targeted diversity efforts:
- Since 2008, nearly 50% of the Firm’s newly elected partners have been either women or members of ethnic minorities, and more than 50% of the attorneys hired by the Firm in 2014 were women and minorities.
- In 2014, Jackson Walker received the prestigious Thomas L. Sager Award for the South Region from the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. The award is presented each year to law firms that have demonstrated sustained commitment to improve the hiring, retention, and promotion of minority attorneys. The firm was also a finalist for this award in 2012 and 2013.
- For the past three years, Jackson Walker has ranked among the top five Texas firms in American Lawyer magazine’s Diversity Scorecard, an annual survey of the percentage of minority attorneys and partners at the nation’s largest firms.
Jackson Walker believes that promoting a working environment and culture that supports inclusion, respect, equality, and a more diverse workforce is essential to the Firm’s success.
To explore the Firm’s efforts to foster an inclusive environment for all, visit our Diversity & Inclusion page.