For the latest updates surrounding Paycheck Protection Program and regulatory changes, Jackson Walker partners Lindsey Berwick and Jim Pledger will be speaking at a virtual conference held on September 17-18, 2020.
Presented by the Southwest Association of Bank Counsel and the Texas Bankers Association, the conference combines the SWABC Annual Convention and TBA Bankers Legal Conference as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and will present attendees with tools and solutions to legal and regulatory issues.
Jackson Walker proudly serves as a sponsor of the conference.
PPP Experiences Panel Discussion
Join Jim Pledger and Lindsey Berwick for this panel discussion regarding the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Also speaking during the panel will be Dub Sutherland of Kennedy Sutherland LLP in San Antonio.
For more information about the program, view the following articles from Jackson Walker:
- “CARES Act & New, Expanded Small Business Lending (Update #3)” (July 15, 2020)
- Jackson Walker Fast Takes podcast, “What’s Next for the Paycheck Protection Program?” (July 2, 2020)
- “SBA Releases New Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Applications, Including an EZ Application” (June 17, 2020)
- “Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020 – Amendments Affording Greater Flexibility to PPP Borrowers” (June 5, 2020)
Jim Pledger will moderate this discussion regarding financial institution regulations. In addition to Jim, panelists will include:
- Troy Thornton (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency)
- Julie Banfield (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation)
- Paul Wheeler (Federal Reserve Bank)
- Charles Cooper (Department of Banking)
- Caroline Jones (Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending)
For additional information, contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lindsey B. Berwick has multifaceted experience handling commercial financing and transactional matters in both private practice and at one of the nation’s 60 largest financial institutions. Lindsey’s practice focuses on complex business transactions involving real estate, finance, commercial agreements and general corporate law. Clients look to Lindsey to evaluate and advise on commercial loan structures and documentation, leveraging her extensive background in the banking and finance industry to identify the correct financing vehicle for each transaction with a focus on achieving the clients’ business goals.
James L. Pledger’s practice focuses on the regulation and operation of banks, savings banks, credit unions, bank holding companies and mutual holding companies, and financial institution public and private equity and debt offerings. Jim has been involved in nearly every aspect of financial institution representation, including private law practice since 2003, 15 years as a state S&L and mortgage Commissioner, service as in-house general counsel, and as a financial industry lobbyist in Washington. Since 2007, Jim has been named among The Best Lawyers in America for banking and financial services, and he was recently recognized as Austin’s 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of financial services regulation by Best Lawyers.