Lindsey B. Berwick
Lindsey Berwick is an attorney in the finance group of Jackson Walker’s San Antonio office with more than a decade of multifaceted experience handling commercial financing and transactional matters in both private practice and at one of the 60 largest financial institutions in the United States. Lindsey’s practice focuses on complex business transactions involving real estate, finance, commercial agreements and general corporate law.
Lindsey has comprehensive commercial financing experience representing clients in a variety of matters, including secured and unsecured credit facilities, real estate loans, construction loans, asset-based loans, participations and syndicated credit facilities. Clients look to Lindsey to evaluate and advise on commercial loan structures and documentation, leveraging her extensive background in the banking and finance industry to identify the correct financing vehicle for each transaction with a focus on achieving the clients’ business goals.
Lindsey also has experience in guiding clients – including large financial institutions and small community banks – through financial downturns. This experience includes pre-negotiation of loan modification agreements, payment deferral agreements, forbearance agreements, workouts, restructurings, loan sales, commercial foreclosures, and secured party sale transactions. She has also worked with special assets departments to reduce problem loan commitments and minimize loan losses, foreclose on collateral, and dispose of collateral post-foreclosure (including OREO assets).
In her real estate practice, Lindsey represents investors, developers, and owners with all aspects of acquisition, disposition, leasing, and development of real property, including mixed-used properties, multifamily properties, office buildings, and retail properties.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Lindsey was senior vice president and corporate counsel to a large regional state bank. While in law school, Lindsey served as a judicial intern to the Hon. Marcia Crone of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, after which she served as a summer honors legal intern with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Senior Associate Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal
- John M. Harlan Society
- Treasurer, Board of Advocates
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, Securities & Corporate Finance, San Antonio Scene, 2020
- Co-Author, “CARES Act Update – Overview of Expanded Main Street Lending Program,” Jackson Walker Insights (June 18, 2020)
- Co-Author, “SBA Releases New Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Applications, Including an EZ Application,” Jackson Walker Insights (June 17, 2020)
- Co-Author, “Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020 – Amendments Affording Greater Flexibility to PPP Borrowers,” Jackson Walker Insights (June 5, 2020)
- Co-Author, “Paycheck Protection Program Update – SBA Issues Guidance on Loan Forgiveness and Loan Review Procedures,” Jackson Walker Insights (May 28, 2020)
- Co-Author, “Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Update,” Jackson Walker Insights (May 18, 2020)
- Co-Author, “SBA Offers Safe Harbor on PPP Good Faith Certifications of Necessity,” Jackson Walker Insights (May 13, 2020)
- Co-Author, “CARES Act Update – Important Considerations for Paycheck Protection Program Participants (Enforcement Actions, FAQ 31 and FAQ 37, and Fourth Interim Final Rule),” Jackson Walker Insights (April 29, 2020)
- Co-Author, “CARES Act and the Paycheck Protection Program and Healthcare Enhancement Act – What You Need to Know,” Jackson Walker Insights (April 27, 2020)
- Co-Author, “CARES Act Update – Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Establish Main Street Business Lending Program to Provide Liquidity to Mid-Size Businesses,” Jackson Walker Insights (April 13, 2020)
- Co-Author, “CARES Act Update – Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Establish Municipal Liquidity Facility to Provide Financial Assistance to States, Cities, and Counties,” Jackson Walker Insights (April 13, 2020)
- Co-Author, “CARES Act & New, Expanded Small Business Lending (Update #2),” Jackson Walker Insights (April 13, 2020)
- “PPP Experiences Panel Discussion,” Southwest Association of Bank Counsel Annual Convention & TBA Bankers Legal Conference (September 17-18, 2020)
- “What’s Next for the Paycheck Protection Program?,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes Podcast (July 2, 2020)
- “You Have a PPP. Now What? Webinar Registration,” Women in the Know webinar (May 19, 2020)
- Cibolo Nature Center & Farm, Board Member
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate
- Probate & Trust Law Section, Member
- Corporate Counsel Section, Member
- Business Law Section, Member
- San Antonio Bar Association, Member
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Member
- Southwest Association of Bank Counsel, Member
- American Bar Association, Member