With Joe Biden as the projected President-Elect (subject to pending federal litigation and the Electoral College vote), panelists from Jackson Walker and Lockton Dunning Benefits look at what employers may expect from a new administration and employment law initiatives, including wage and hour, paid sick leave, civil rights legislation, and other potential areas that may be impacted.
Featured speakers and topics include:
- David Schlottman, “Legislative Wish List”
- Jackie Staple, “The Future of Joint Employment and Independent Contractors”
- Judy Bennett Garner, “Proposed Civil Rights Legislation”
- Sarah Mitchell Montgomery, “OFCCP and Affirmative Action”
- Scott Behrens (Lockton), “Biden’s Response to COVID-19”
- Gary Fowler, “Legislative Initiatives on Covenants Not to Compete”
Please note: This article and any resources presented on the JW Coronavirus Insights & Resources site are for informational purposes only, do not constitute legal or medical advice, and are not a substitute for legal advice from qualified counsel. The laws of other states and nations may be entirely different from what is described. Your use of these materials does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Jackson Walker. The facts and results of each case will vary, and no particular result can be guaranteed.