Amanda N. Crouch
Amanda Neugebauer Crouch is a commercial litigator who regularly practices in state and federal court. Amanda has represented clients in a wide range of litigation matters, including oil and gas disputes, creditor representation, financial institution disputes, life insurance disputes, and defending personal injury claims. Amanda excels at providing legal solutions to complex problems, and tailors strategies to fit each client’s specific need. She emphasizes efficiency in her practice and is frequently able to obtain a cost-effective resolution that fully achieves the clients’ desired outcome. Amanda works tirelessly for her clients and sees her role as a partner with her clients in reaching their business goals.
Amanda represents clients in a wide variety of industries. What sets her practice apart is her ability to find creative solutions and strategies to resolving her client’s disputes. She has been essential in securing favorable results for clients from non-subscriber, personal injury, and premises liability disputes to complex oil and gas and probate issues. Amanda works hard to understand her clients’ needs and has a service-minded work ethic when it comes to resolving disputes.
Amanda has had the opportunity to demonstrate high-level responsibility in her practice that includes working directly with clients. She has gained direct experience handling injunctive relief, summary judgement proceedings, taking and defending fact and expert witness depositions, and leading mediations.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Amanda interned for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Western District of Texas and for Justice Phil Johnson of the Texas Supreme Court. During law school, Amanda worked as a Research Assistant for Baylor University President Ken Starr and was President of the Student Bar Association. Amanda was also a member of the George Washington National Security Moot Court Team and the John Marshall Information Technology Moot Court Team.
B.S., with high honors, University of Texas at Austin
J.D., cum laude, Baylor Law School
United States District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Commercial litigation, including contract disputes and business torts such as negligent misrepresentation, tortious interference, and breach of fiduciary duties
- Creditor representation, including obtaining judgments, collecting promissory notes and guarantees, and defending fraudulent transfer, wrongful foreclosure, and liability claims
- Oil and gas litigation, including disputes related to mineral rights, chain of title and business litigation involving oil and gas companies
- Probate litigation, including disputes between trustees and beneficiaries and related to distribution of estates
- Personal injury claims, including defending premises liability claims and non-subscriber matters
- Filed and obtained default judgments for various business clients.
- Represented leading agriculture supply company in management of Texas collection docket resulting in favorable outcomes totaling over $2.5 million.
- Defended a temporary injunction based on a covenant not to compete. Work resulted in a directed verdict in favor of client that was affirmed by the Fourth Court of Appeals.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of clients, including summary judgment for personal injury and premises liability claims that was affirmed by the Fourth Court of Appeals.
- Obtained favorable settlements for personal injury claims both before and during mediation.
- Responsible for witness, party, and expert depositions in a multimillion-dollar agricultural case.
- Obtained a reverse and render decision from the Eighth Court of Appeals in El Paso, Texas, in a wrongful death lawsuit brought against a local county and one of its employees.
- Defended a media client in obtaining a ruling from the Supreme Court of Texas that upheld an appeals court’s reversal of an order to retroactively seal evidence presented in open court.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2021
- Associate to Watch for Litigation: General Commercial – Texas: San Antonio & Surrounds, 2021
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Appellate Practice, 2022
- Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022
- Texas Rising Star – Civil Litigation: Defense, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2019-2021
- “Up-and-Coming 100: Texas Rising Stars,” 2021
- “Up-and-Coming 50: Women Texas Rising Stars,” 2021
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, Business Litigation, San Antonio Scene, 2015-2021
- “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law,” San Antonio Scene, 2021
- “Rising Star Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2016-2022
- Belva Lockwood Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Bexar County Women’s Bar Association, 2017
- “What New Statewide and Local Restrictions Mean for Texas Businesses,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes Podcast (June 2020)
- Presenter, “Recent Trends in Oil & Gas Litigation” (February 2019)
In the News
- “Judge seals Thomas J. Henry divorce case following dismissal“, San Antonio Report (July 2021)
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2016-2018
- Autumn Affair Co-Chair, 2016
- San Antonio Young Lawyer’s Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- LeadershipSBOT, 2015-2016
- Defense Counsel of San Antonio
- Membership Chair, 2014
- Vice-President, 2015
- President, 2016
- Hemisfair Coalition, Founding President, 2015-2016
- North East Educational Foundation, Board of Directors
- Junior League of San Antonio, Board of Directors
- Vice President of Fund Development, 2019-2020
- Signature Project Chair, 2017-2018
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program, Class of 2020