Austin Yancy is an associate in the Trial & Appellate Litigation practice of Jackson Walker’s Houston office.
Austin’s experience includes representing clients at oral arguments, deposing and defending fact witnesses, handling discovery, and drafting motions and trial briefs. He is experienced in handling disputes related to product liability, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and toxic torts.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Austin practiced litigation at an international law firm and at a litigation boutique.
Outside of his practice, Austin serves as a Board Member of Mike Yancy’s Place, a nonprofit that assists individuals in need, particularly cancer patients, with any costs or challenges they encounter while other means of financial support are being processed.
B.A., Stanford University
- Two-Time Member of the Pac-10 All-Academic Football Team
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Obtained dismissal of a breach of contract lawsuit brought against an alternative energy company
- Represented plaintiff in filing an Administrative Procedure Act lawsuit against a governmental employee
- Assisted team in obtaining $46.6 million summary judgment for global energy client on breaches of guaranty agreements
- Assisted team in obtaining full jury defense verdict for a Fortune 100 manufacturing client in a first-of-its kind virtual trial for an asbestos exposure suit in a California superior court
- Helped negotiate a favorable settlement of a loss of property claim against a parking management company
- Helped negotiate a favorable settlement against an apartment complex related to a tenant’s mold/mildew infestation
- Co-Author, “The Virtual Trial: Is It Our New Normal?,” The Am Law Litigation Daily (October 2020)
- Panelist, “Best Practice for Online Jury Selection,” NITA and OCP Summit: COVID, the Court, and the Future of the Jury Trial (November 2020)
- Panelist, “Remote Trials and their Tribulations: Practical Realities, Challenges and Lessons Learned,” ABA 2021 Environmental & Energy, Mass Torts, and Products Liability Litigation Committees’ Joint Virtual Regional CLE Program (January 2021)
- Mike Yancy’s Place, Board Member
- Bay Area Christian School, Volunteer Coach
April 21, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.