Brian M. Lidji
Brian Lidji has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, business law, contract negotiations, and a wide variety of business transactions for emerging and middle-market companies. He has earned significant praise for his ability to find insightful, practical solutions for his prestigious business clients.
Brian has represented clients in transactions ranked by Texas Lawyer on their annual top 10 deals list, including representing Hunt Petroleum Corporation in its multibillion-dollar sale to XTO Energy, and representing Hotels.com in its merger with InterActive Corp.
In addition to being regularly selected to D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas for his work in corporate mergers and acquisitions, he also has been repeatedly named to Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters and Texas Monthly.
B.A., magna cum laude, Hofstra University
J.D., cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Barristers
- Editor-in-Chief, SMU Law Review
U.S. Supreme Court
- Represented Hunt Petroleum Corporation in its examination of strategic alternatives which resulted in a multibillion dollar sale of the company to XTO Energy, which was ranked by Texas Lawyer as one of the top 10 deals of 2008.
- Represented Lyco Energy Corporation, a private oil and natural gas producer, in a $421 million merger with Enerplus Resources U.S. Inc., a subsidiary of a NYSE fund.
- Represented Hotels.com in its merger with InterActiveCorp, a Nasdaq listed company, which was ranked by Texas Lawyer as one of the top 10 Texas deals of 2003.
- Represented SkinCeuticals, Inc., a private skin products company, in its sale of assets to L’Oreal USA, Inc.
- Represented TruLogica, Inc., a private software company, in a $60 million merger with Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Represented Jack Pratt in his successful effort to force the sale of Hollywood Casinos.
- Represented the management buyout group in its $450 million leveraged buyout and going-private transaction of EXCO Resources, Inc., a Nasdaq listed oil and gas company.
- Represented Standard Fruit & Vegetable Co., Inc. in its sale to Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A., Inc.
- Represented the management buyout group of U.S. Vision, Inc., a leading Nasdaq listed optical retailer, in a going-private cash-out merger.
- Anti-Defamation League 2012 Jurisprudence Award (Schoenbrun Award)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2006-present
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas,” Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, D Magazine, 2003-present
- Texas Super Lawyers, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly, 2003-present
- Bar Register of AV Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell
- Executive Board Member of the SMU Dedman School of Law, 1995-present
- Texas Business Law Foundation, Director
- Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas, Director and Officer