Christina Vitale is a partner in the Trial & Appellate Litigation section of Jackson Walker’s Houston office, where she represents clients before state and federal courts and regulatory agencies. Christina offers sophisticated complex commercial litigation experience related to multi-state litigation, multi-district litigation, class action litigation, and regulatory matters. She also handles a broad range of compliance issues and investigation matters, including:
- Unfair business practices and deceptive trade practices claims and litigation for pharmaceutical, financial services companies, credit reporting agencies, life sciences, and pharmaceutical companies
- Internal compliance auditing for consumer defense and bankruptcy issues
- White collar criminal defense concerning wire fraud and Medicare fraud claims
- Trials including fact and expert pre-trial discovery
Prior to Jackson Walker, Christina practiced life sciences, financial services, and class action litigation at an international law firm.
B.A., magna cum laude, with honors, University of Arizona
J.D., summa cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
- Order of the Coif
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Areas of Focus
- Complex commercial litigation
- Class actions
- Internal and external investigations
- Life sciences and health litigation
- Pharmaceutical litigation
- Products liability litigation
- Banking and financial services litigation and enforcement actions
- Consumer credit actions
Christina litigates complex matters and class actions before U.S. state and federal courts, with an emphasis on pharmaceutical and financial services, investigations, banking enforcement actions, and consumer protection issues. She also represents clients before federal and state regulatory agencies, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Office of the Comptroller, and state attorneys general. Christina offers experience handling consumer protection and unfair business and deceptive trade practices; healthcare and life sciences product liability litigation; bankruptcy-related litigation and claims issues; forensic accounting issues; the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; the Fair Credit Reporting Act; state unfair competition and deceptive trade practices laws; public nuisance and product liability issues; as well as the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America, 2022
- Speaker, “So sue me: How to tactically defend against consumer class actions,” Retail Law Conference presented by Retail Litigation Center/Retail Industry Leaders Association (October 2017)
- Co-Author, “Making Sense Of 9th Circ. Spokeo Decision On Remand,” Law360 (September 2017)
- Co-Author, “CFPB Offers Guidance on Deferred-Interest Programs and Disclosures,” National Law Review (July 2017)
- Co-Author, “How FERC Is Fueling New Merchant Transmission Projects,” Law360 (February 2013)
- Co-Author, “Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Refines Priority Rights to Participant-Funded Transmission,” National Law Review (January 2013)
- Co-Author, “FERC Denies Market-Based Rate Application,” National Law Review (May 2012)
November 17, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – November 2022
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 7, 2022Client Results
Jackson Walker Secures Second Stay of Execution of Death Row Inmate
Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt on November 2, 2022, granted a second stay of the impending execution for death row inmate Richard Glossip in the State v. Glossip case. Obtaining the stay was critical to allow time for the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals to review a request for a new evidentiary hearing in his case.
October 7, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates 36 Attorneys Named Among the Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America
Jackson Walker announces the selection of 36 attorneys to Lawdragon’s inaugural list of the 500 leading litigators in America.
August 1, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – August 2022
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
June 7, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Welcomes Christina Vitale to Houston Litigation Group
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the arrival of Christina Vitale as a partner in the Houston office. Joining our Trial & Appellate Litigation practice, Christina will focus on complex commercial litigation, class actions, investigations, and regulatory matters.