- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2023
- “Top Attorneys” List – Real Estate, 360 West Magazine, 2019-2021
- “Top Attorneys” List – Real Estate, Fort Worth Magazine, 2015-2020, 2022
Jarrod Cone is an attorney in the Real Estate practice of Jackson Walker’s Fort Worth office. Jarrod has experience representing investment funds, developers and corporate clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including single property and complex portfolio acquisitions and disposition and the financing and leasing commercial projects nationwide. Jarrod has also advised clients in connection with the real estate aspects of corporate mergers and acquisitions.
B.S., cum laude, Louisiana State University
J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law
Development, Acquisition, & Disposition
- Advises developers, operators, and investors in the acquisition and disposition of resorts, hotels, office, industrial, retail, multifamily, medical and mixed-use projects, RV parks, amusement parks and unimproved land
- Assists clients in the leasing, management and disposition of commercial real estate portfolios comprising properties located around the U.S.
- Negotiates hospitality franchise agreements, property management agreements, development agreements, licenses, easements and service contracts on behalf of owners, developers, landlords, and condominium associations
- Advises landlords and tenants in negotiating leases, ground leases, subleases and sale-leasebacks with respect to office, industrial, retail, multifamily and medical properties
- Advises borrowers in connection with permanent and construction loans, as well as loan assumptions, modifications, extensions, settlements and forbearance agreements
- Represented a joint venture as lead counsel in connection with the acquisition of a 7-property industrial portfolio in Southern California for over $250 million
- Represented a real estate investment fund as lead counsel in the acquisition of multiple full-service and select-service hotel assets located around the United States
- Represented a real estate investment fund as primary counsel in the acquisition, financing and development of its $250 million mixed-use hospitality, office, multifamily and retail project in Fort Worth, Texas
- Represented a joint venture as lead counsel in connection with the acquisition of a 20-building industrial complex in Southern California for over $150 million
- Represented the ownership group in creating and negotiating a property management agreement covering a newly developed multi-team NFL stadium site and surrounding venues
- Represented a corporation in connection with its sale of national historic bus terminal located in Birmingham, AL for redevelopment purposes
- Represented a family office in its leasing and asset management of office and industrial projects located in multiple of Texas’s major markets
- Real Estate Council of Greater Fort Worth, Young Leadership Council Member, 2015-2021
- Fellow of Texas Bar Foundation
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
February 13, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker Announces Election of 16 Attorneys to Partnership
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 16 attorneys to the firm’s partnership, marking our largest number of partnership promotions to date.
February 1, 2023Attorney News
‘Fort Worth Magazine’ Lists 16 Jackson Walker Attorneys Among the “Top Attorneys” of 2022
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 16 Fort Worth-based attorneys to Fort Worth Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2022.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
November 15, 2021Attorney News
Jarrod Cone Joins Jackson Walker’s Real Estate Group in Fort Worth
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the addition of Jarrod Cone as a senior counsel in the Fort Worth office. Joining our Chambers-ranked Real Estate group, Jarrod will assist clients with acquisition, disposition, financing, and leasing of commercial property, including office, retail, medical, and industrial projects nationwide.