Acquisition & Disposition | Real Estate
An ever-changing market guarantees that the world of real estate acquisitions and dispositions presents an array of challenges and opportunities. Our attorneys guide both purchasers and sellers from start to finish, across all asset types. In the effort to provide optimal legal advice to our real estate clients, it is crucial that we know our clients, understand their goals, and their tolerance for risk. We utilize our skills and experience to ensure they are in the best position possible to achieve their objectives.
We represent individual businesses and real estate developers, as well as private equity real estate funds, REITs, pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, and other institutional investors in the acquisition and disposition of all commercial and residential real estate asset classes.
Sophisticated real estate owners and investors aren’t just looking for attorneys who know the legal landscape. They want attorneys who know how to drive the purchase or sale through the negotiating process and protect their interests, while at the same time not alienating the other side of the table. Once the purchase and sale agreement is signed, the due diligence process is handled with the attention to detail that permits a swift and easy closing.
We believe extensive legal experience and skill mean nothing without dedication to the client relationship. We are constantly evaluating and advising our clients with an eye toward the success and profitability of the endeavor. Our attorneys remain available, responsive, and efficient throughout the real estate acquisition & disposition process.
- Represented Humanetics in the purchase of a 420,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in Dallas from Mary Kay. The transaction included the purchase of the building and leaseback to the seller until the completion of its new building
- Letters of intent
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Due diligence review
- Title documents and surveys
- Title issue resolution
- Title insurance policies and endorsements
- Property condition reports
- Zoning and land use issues
- Environmental reports
- Asset management agreements
- Multi-property sale/leasebacks
- Disposition of surplus properties
- Management agreements
- Real estate tax abatement
- Regulatory compliance and closure
- Risk and liability management
- Single and special-purpose entity formation
- Creation and structuring of real-estate joint ventures
- Off-site access or utility easements
- Reciprocal easement agreements
- Declarations of covenants and restrictions