Jeffrey R. Gilmore
Jeff Gilmore is an associate in Jackson Walker’s Fort Worth office. Jeff represents a variety of clients – particularly those in the aerospace and energy spheres – in litigation matters spanning many subjects, including some of the largest multi-district litigation disputes in Texas.
While Jeff’s practice focuses on aerospace and energy litigation, he has also represented banks, entrepreneurs, railroads, and small businesses. Jeff has experience in complex product liability cases, royalty litigation, fiduciary litigation, probate matters, power-of-attorney disputes, trade secret litigation, and the arbitration of a business divorce.
Prior to his legal career, Jeff earned MVP honors on Stanford’s baseball team. Drafted by the Seattle Mariners as a right-handed pitcher, Jeff pitched in the farm systems of the Mariners, the Blue Jays, and the Rockies. During each minor league off-season, Jeff worked in corporate finance as an analyst for Cisco Systems in the Bay Area.
Licensed to fly since age 18, Jeff is an active pilot who holds multiple pilot ratings. Jeff has amassed flight time in aircraft ranging from a Piper Super Cub floatplane to a Citation CJ2 business jet. Jeff trains annually alongside Southwest Airlines pilots at their Love Field facility.
B.A., Stanford University
J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
US District Court for the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Defense of aerospace manufacturers in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Defense of oil and gas producers in royalty litigation
- Prosecution of oil and gas producers in title and trespass disputes
- Prosecution of tortious damages resulting from the fraudulent inducement of an oil and gas deal
- Prosecution of fiduciary litigation for beneficiaries
- Defense of financial institutions in fiduciary litigation
- Defense of web-based businesses in misappropriation of trade secret disputes
- Prosecution of contractual and tortious damages resulting from a business divorce through arbitration
- Defense of railroad operators in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Appellate Practice, 2021
- Tarrant County’s Top Attorneys, Fort Worth, Texas, 2013 – 2018
- Fort Worth’s Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Champion, 2019
- “The Texas Judicial System” presented to Bell Helicopter, July 2015
- “Summary Judgment in Texas” presented to the Tarrant County Paralegal Association, August 2017
- “Use of the Special Warranties in Texas Oil and Gas Transactions” presented to the Dallas Bar Association, January 2018
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Volunteer Pilot for Pilots ‘n Paws
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Volunteer