Jeffrey R. Gilmore
Jeff Gilmore is a partner in Jackson Walker’s Fort Worth office. Jeff represents a variety of clients, primarily focusing on those in the field of aerospace. Jeff also serves as the live TV host and color commentator for the world’s only private aircraft auction that is presented by his client, Assent Aeronautics.
While Jeff’s practice focuses on aerospace litigation and aircraft transactions, he has also represented banks, insurance companies, entrepreneurs, religious institutions, franchisors, railroads, and small businesses. Jeff has experience in complex product liability cases, multi-district royalty litigation, fiduciary litigation, probate matters, power-of-attorney disputes, trade secret litigation, and the arbitration of a business divorce.
Prior to his legal career, Jeff earned MVP honors on Stanford’s baseball team, where he graduated in just three years. Drafted by the Seattle Mariners as a right-handed pitcher following his junior year at Stanford, Jeff pitched in the farm systems of the Mariners, the Blue Jays, and the Rockies. During each minor league off-season, Jeff worked in corporate finance as an analyst for Cisco Systems in the Bay Area.
Licensed to fly since age 18, Jeff owns and operates a Cessna 421 Golden Eagle that is based at Fort Worth Meacham Airport. Over his flying career, Jeff has amassed flight time in more than twenty different aircraft, ranging from a Piper Super Cub floatplane in Alaska to a Citation CJ2 business jet in Texas. Jeff engages in flight training annually at the AST’s simulator facility in Central Texas and alongside Southwest Airlines pilots at their Love Field simulator facility.
B.A., Stanford University
J.D., University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
United States District Court for the Northern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Defense of aerospace manufacturers in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Defense of airlines in personal injury actions
- Defense of oil and gas producers in royalty litigation
- Prosecution of oil and gas producers in title and trespass disputes
- Prosecution of tortious damages resulting from the fraudulent inducement of an oil and gas deal
- Prosecution of fiduciary litigation for beneficiaries
- Defense of financial institutions in fiduciary litigation
- Defense of religious institutions
- Defense of franchisor in dispute for contractual and tortious damages against franchisee
- Defense of web-based businesses in a misappropriation of trade secret dispute
- Defense of title companies in real estate fraud disputes
- Prosecution of contractual and tortious damages resulting from a business divorce through arbitration
- Defense of railroad operators in personal injury and wrongful death cases
- Eminent domain counsel for pipeline projects crossing numerous county lines throughout Texas
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), 2021-2024
- Appellate Practice, 2021-2024
- Commercial Litigation, 2021-2024
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2021-2023
- Energy & Natural Resources, 2021-2023
- Aviation & Aerospace, 2022-2023
- “Top Attorneys” List – Aviation Category, 360 West Magazine, 2021
- Tarrant County’s Top Attorneys, Fort Worth Magazine, 2013-2022
- Fort Worth’s Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Champion, 2019-2021, 2023
- “Defending an Aviation Lawsuit” presented to the Texas Bar Association (December 2021)
- “Use of the Special Warranties in Texas Oil and Gas Transactions” presented to the Dallas Bar Association (January 2018)
- “Summary Judgment in Texas” presented to the Tarrant County Paralegal Association (August 2017)
- “The Texas Judicial System” presented to Bell Helicopter (July 2015)
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Twin Cessna Flyers
- University Little League Coach
- Volunteer Pilot for Pilots ‘n Paws
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
March 23, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 63 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2023 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
February 13, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the election of 16 attorneys to the firm’s partnership, marking our largest number of partnership promotions to date.
February 1, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 16 Fort Worth-based attorneys to Fort Worth Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2022.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
August 25, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates the Fort Worth Attorneys Named to the “Top Attorneys 2021” List in ‘360 West Magazine’
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 15 Fort Worth-based attorneys to 360 West Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2021. To be selected for inclusion, attorneys with an active license and who practice within the Tarrant County area can nominate up to three attorneys in 44 specialty areas who reflect relevant practice areas in the region.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
March 23, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 36 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2021 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list. Spanning five offices and eight major practice areas, these up-and-coming attorneys have been nominated by peers within and outside the Firm.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.