Kathleen Tanner Beduze
Kathleen Tanner Beduze is a partner in the Trial & Appellate Litigation section of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. Her practice concentrates on the areas of fiduciary litigation, trust disputes, guardianship, and estate and probate-related administration. She offers experienced counsel handling prosecution and defense of fiduciary claims, will contests, accounting and administration issues, contested guardianships, and interpretation and modifications of trusts.
Kathleen previously clerked at the Thirteenth Court of Appeals and was an intern for Senior U.S. District Judge Janis Graham Jack of the Southern District of Texas. She studied abroad in Spain and Costa Rica and is fluent in written and spoken Spanish.
B.S., Davidson College
J.D., Baylor Law School
- Moot Court Team
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Litigation – Trusts and Estates, 2021-2023
- Texas Rising Star, Estate and Trust Litigation, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2016-2022
- The Top Women Rising Star Attorneys in Texas, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2019-2021
- “Top Lawyers in Houston” List, H Texas Magazine, 2016-2020
- “Top Lawyers” List – Wills, H Texas Magazine, 2019-2020
- Contributing Author, Texas Guardianship Manual, State Bar of Texas (2019-Present)
- Former contributing author of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Reporter (2018-2021)
- Presenter, “Avoiding Attorney Liability by Attorneys Practicing in the Areas of Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law,” TexasBarCLE’s 23rd Annual Advanced Guardianship Law & Advanced Elder Law Course (November 2022)
- Author and Presenter, “Recovering Assets Stolen Through Exploitation,” 46th Estate Planning & Probate Course (June 2022)
- Author and Presenter, “Alternatives to Guardianships and Other Emergency Relief,” Austin Bar Association Estate Planning & Probate Section (May 2022)
- Author and Presenter, “Temporary Guardianships and Other Emergency Relief,” San Antonio Estate Planners Council (April 2022)
- Presenter, “An Overview of Guardianships…and How to Avoid the Process Entirely,” Corpus Christi Estate Planning Counsel (October 2021)
- Author and Presenter, “Temporary Guardianships and Other Emergency Relief,” University of Texas School of Law’s Estate Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law Conference (August 2021)
- Author and Presenter, “Tips and Tricks for Will and Estate Planning,” Tri Delta Sisters Connect Virtual Event (October 2020)
- Author and Presenter, “Ethical Terms of Engagement, Making Sure Your Client is the Right Client,” Fort Worth Probate Bar Association (March 2019) and National Business Institute’s Probate Boot Camp (April 2017)
- Co-Author, “Options for Seeking Interim Relief in Trust and Estate Litigation,” State Bar of Texas Fiduciary Litigation Course (November 2017)
- Author, “Discovery in the Modern Era,” Presented at State Bar of Texas Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course (June 2014)
- Co-Author, “Navigating the Quagmire of Potential Claims Against Attorneys Involved in Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Matter” (June 2012)
- Houston Business and Estate Planning Council
- Houston Trusts and Estates Club
- Houston Bar Association – Probate, Trusts & Estates Section
- State Bar of Texas – Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – April 2022
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates Its 2022 Texas Rising Stars
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
January 10, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker Welcomes Wealth Planning and Fiduciary Litigation Group to Houston
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the arrival of five Houston litigators focused on probate, trust, and fiduciary litigation. The team is led by Sarah Patel Pacheco and includes Kathleen Tanner Beduze, Joshua R. Flores, Joe R. Savoie, and Jocelyn Thibodaux Slater.