Manny Schoenhuber is a business litigation and dispute resolution attorney with particular experience handling construction-related issues. A native German, Manny works closely with European companies and their subsidiaries in Texas, and European investors in the United States. His practice focuses on market entry, contract negotiations and drafting, litigation, and dispute resolution. Manny also acts as outside general counsel to his European clients.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Manny practiced at a firm that concentrates on construction, commercial real estate, corporate, and business transactions. He also has experience serving as a judicial intern to Justice Laura Carter Higley of the First Court of Appeals, the Honorable Melinda Harmon of the Southern District of Texas, and the Honorable Charley E. Prine, Jr. of the Texas 246th District Court.
B.A., summa cum laude, Saint Leo University
- All-American Team Captain and Goalkeeper, Men’s Soccer Team
J.D., University of Houston Law Center
- Houston Journal of International Law, Editor-in-Chief
- Dean’s Merit Scholar, ADR Team
U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
Manny offers experienced counsel in the following areas:
- Arbitration and mediation
- Breach of contract claims
- Settlement negotiations
- Employment disputes
- Lien removal
- Debt collections
- Market entry and formation of U.S. subsidiary entities
He has successfully represented clients in a variety of disputes, including:
- Represented subcontractor in a two-day arbitration against the owner and general contractor, resulting in a final award in excess of $450,000 for the client
- Represented a German manufacturer of mobile electrification products as the respondent with a counterclaim in an employment arbitration tribunal by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator awarded the client the full amount presented in the damages model, including pre- and post-judgment interest, and attorneys’ fees.
- Represented European manufacturers and suppliers regarding employment disputes
- Represented subsidiary of Swiss construction equipment supplier in connection with payment dispute against distributor
- Represented global chemicals manufacturer in multimillion-dollar EPC contract negotiations with general contractor
- Represented German-based construction elevator company in lawsuit relating to the acquisition of a U.S. entity
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Presenter, “Current US Legislation: Valuable Insights for German Companies and Their US Operations,” GACC South and DAJV e.V. virtual event (January 2022)
- Author, “The US-EU Trade and Technology Council – What European Companies and their US Subsidiaries Need to Know,” European Companies & US Subsidiaries Law Alert (October 2021)
- Author, “‘Buy American’ – What European Companies and Their US Subsidiaries Need to Know,” European Companies & US Subsidiaries Law Alert (August 2021)
- Author, “Offshore Wind Development in the United States,” European Companies & US Subsidiaries Law Alert (June 2021)
- Author, “Ein Jahr mit der Pandemie – Auswirkungen von COVID-19 auf US-Justiz und Anwaltschaft,” DAJV (April 2021)
- Author, “Addressing the COVID-19 Backlog: Is ADR the Solution?,” AM Monthly Law Alert (March 2021)
- Author, “Die Biden-Regierung – Überblick über geplante Gesetzesänderungen,” DAJV Transatlantic Legal Blog (January 2021)
- Author, “Dispute Resolution in Corona-Zeiten: Ein Blick über den Atlantik,” DAJV Transatlantic Legal Blog (November 2020)
- Author, “Singapore Convention Simplifies International Disputes,” AM Monthly Law Alert (September 2020)
- Author, “PPP Loans for Foreign-Owned Businesses – What’s the Status?,” AM Law Alert (May 2020)
- Author, “Repair of Construction Defects vs. Spoliation of Evidence – Advance Notice Matters,” AM Monthly Law Alert (September 2019)
- Author, “The Beauty of Standard Form Arbitration Provisions,” AM Monthly Law Alert (April 2019)
- Contributing Author, “Recent Court Opinions Concerning Construction Law,” The Change Order, State Bar of Texas Construction Law Section (March 2019)
- Author, “The European Union’s Refugee Deal with Turkey: A Risky Alliance Contrary to European Laws and Values,” 40 HOUS. J. INT’L. L.,633 (2018)
- American Bar Association, International Law Section
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
- American Council on Germany (ACG)
- European American Chamber of Commerce Texas (EACC Texas)
- German-American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern U.S. (GACC South)
- German-American Lawyers’ Association (DAJV)
- Danish American Chamber of Commerce Southwest (DACCSW)
- Greater Houston Partnership Foreign Direct Investment Committee
- Houston Bar Association, Construction Law and International Law Sections
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section
- Globalaw Leadership Program, Class of 2022
- Greater Houston Partnership, Business Resource Group–Business Beyond Borders
September 28, 2022Newsletters
The USA Business Digest is a newsletter covering legal insights for European companies and investors in the United States.
September 9, 2022Insights
Supply Chain Due Diligence Requirements for Certain Companies Doing Business in Germany Soon to Go Into Effect
By Nicholas J. Diamond & Manny Schoenhuber | On January 1, 2023, the so-called Supply Chain Due Diligence Act (Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz) (the “Act”) will go into effect in Germany. Many companies doing business in Germany will need to ready their compliance operations in the coming months. The Act is also part of a broader trend in the European Union (EU) towards establishing mandatory human rights and environmental due diligence requirements, particularly for supply chain operations.
August 30, 2022Attorney News
As King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands pay a working visit to the United States this September, Manny Schoenhuber will proudly represent Jackson Walker as an attendee of the official delegation trip.
August 24, 2022Newsletters
The USA Business Digest is a newsletter covering legal insights for European companies in the United States.
July 7, 2022Newsletters
View the July 2022 edition of the Labor & Employment Dispatch.
June 13, 2022Client Results
Manny Schoenhuber and Dawn Holiday Lead Representation of German Client in Employment Arbitration Win
Manny Schoenhuber and Dawn Holiday led the representation of a German manufacturer of mobile electrification products as the respondent with a counterclaim in an employment arbitration tribunal by the American Arbitration Association.
May 31, 2022Spotlight
Bryan Birkeland and Manny Schoenhuber Represent Jackson Walker at Globalaw European Regional Meeting
Jackson Walker has maintained a steady presence in Globalaw under the leadership of Bryan Birkeland. Recently, Bryan was joined by fellow Jackson Walker attorney Manny Schoenhuber at the Globalaw EMEA regional meeting held May 19-21, 2022, in Luxembourg.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.