Mark Comuzzie has practiced law for over 25 years. He is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
On the estate planning side, Mark advises individuals on the best planning to accomplish their goals in the transfer of their wealth to family, friends, and charities in the most efficient ways possible. This can be as simple as a basic will or it can involve sophisticated tax planning and trust structures.
Where families get into disputes and litigation over estates and trusts, he has represented individuals, banks and trust companies, life insurance companies, estate creditors and even other lawyers in the litigation process. These matters include will contests, rectifying unclear or ambiguous documents, breach of fiduciary claims, executor and trustee removal actions, misapplication of assets and companies and individuals trying to collect legal debts from estates.
As a probate law specialist, Mark guides executors and trustees in the appropriate steps to properly administer the property of the estate or trust and to comply with the sometimes complex requirements of the Internal Revenue Code. This includes representation before the Internal Revenue Service and the Federal Courts regarding the determination of the appropriate amount of estate, gift or income tax.
B.B.A., Texas A&M University
J.D., cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
Federal Tax Court
Estate Planning and Probate Law
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Trusts and Estates, 2020-2022
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2007, 2009, 2012-2020
- Estate Planning & Trusts
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2003
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Estate Planning Council
- State Bar of Texas
- Corpus Christi Bar Association
- Texas Society of CPAs
- San Antonio Society of CPAs
- Corpus Christi Society of CPAs
- Texas A&M Foundation Planned Giving Council
- Planned Giving Council for the Texas Biomedical Research Institute