William T. Johnson
William T. “Bill” Johnson is a veteran banking lawyer with more than 30 years of experience representing banks, developers, and investors in commercial and real estate financings. He represents clients in all types of secured and unsecured commercial lending transactions, including syndicated credit facilities and the financing of complex commercial transactions. Bill’s experience with different collateral categories include mitigation banks, vehicles, aircraft, ships, railcars, on and offshore rigs and intellectual property. Bill also has extensive experience in complex workouts and restructures of commercial and real estate transactions.
Additionally, his experience includes cross-border transactions throughout the Middle East while based in Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, Muscat, Oman and London, England.
Bill is an avid wood worker. He is also a vintage race car driver and instructor, plus he collects and restores cars.
B.S., Finance, University of Virginia
J.D., cum laude, Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Washington and Lee Law Review
- Represented an administrative agent syndicating term facility secured by a multi-state portfolio of over 54 owned restaurant properties and 168 leased restaurant properties.
- Represented a prominent energy company in direct negotiations with a Middle Eastern government owned oil and gas company.
- Represented a large German construction company in negotiations with the Middle Eastern government regarding infrastructure development.
- Represented lenders and a syndicated agent in revolving credit facilities for a publicly traded REIT.
- Represented real estate developers in shopping center and theater refinancings in CMBS conduit loans.
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing, Inc., former Board of Directors
- Texas State Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
April 30, 2018Client Results
Jackson Walker Represents J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc. in Closing Private Offering of $350 Million of Senior Notes
Jackson Walker successfully represented J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc. in closing the private offering of $350 million aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes due 2026.
April 22, 2016Attorney News
Jackson Walker Strengthens Finance and Real Estate Practices With Addition of Bill Johnson
Jackson Walker is pleased to welcome William T. Johnson as a partner in the Houston office. Mr. Johnson joins the Firm from Nathan Sommers Jacobs and adds even further depth and distinction to Jackson Walker’s robust Real Estate and Finance practice groups.