At Jackson Walker, we view commercial finance as a partnership. Our Finance attorneys combine decades of transactional experience with the flexibility to create solutions tailored to each client’s individual needs in the most effective and efficient manner possible. That means providing exactly the level of service they need – no more, and no less.
Our lending clients include large, multinational financial institutions, regional banks, credit unions, and niche lenders, as well as a variety of nonbank lenders, including public and private companies, funds and insurance firms. We understand and assist our financial institution and insurance company clients in structuring transactions that assure compliance with their unique operational and regulatory requirements.
We also represent borrowers seeking commercial loans. Our experience on both sides of the lending equation enables us to understand what works in today’s marketplace and provide a significant advantage to our clients.
We have experience with every aspect of the loan process, from drafting the term sheet through negotiating workout agreements. However, we adapt our level of involvement to suit our clients’ needs and the expectations of their customers. Our approach is to provide the highest quality of legal representation without “over-lawyering” the transaction. We regularly provide assistance with both asset-based and specialty loans including the following:
- Working capital revolving lines of credit and working capital term loans
- Equipment term loans
- Letters of credit
- Bridge loans
- Mezzanine and subordinated financing
- Multi-currency facilities
- CAPCO (Certified Capital Company) loans
- Interest-rate swaps and other derivatives
- Acquisition of asset pools
- Asset securitization
- Leveraged leasing
- Credit enhancement vehicles
Jackson Walker has developed particular experience in the areas of healthcare and technology financing. The firm also has a long history of leadership in energy lending. Our Energy attorneys work extensively on both asset-based and balance sheet-based energy loan transactions covering exploration, development, refining, pipeline, and marketing activities. In addition to traditional oil and gas operations, we have participated in the financing of cutting-edge renewable energy projects in Texas and beyond.
Our attorneys have substantial experience in commercial loan modification and have helped many clients develop successful workout solutions, especially during the financial crisis. As economic conditions improve, we are equally well-equipped to help clients navigate the new commercial lending landscape and develop strategies for the future.
- Represented lender providing an asset-based line of credit to a technology company providing services to federal governmental agencies
- Represented borrower in negotiating a $40 million aggregate senior and mezzanine loan facility secured by assets in the United States and Mexico, in connection with the acquisition of an ongoing venture
- Represented lender in the workout and restructure of a $63 million floor plan line of credit, secured by a combination of personal property collateral and real property collateral
- Represented hedge fund providing revolving and term credit facilities to a non-traditional financial services company, secured by a variety of collateral, including financial instruments held by the company
- Represented lender providing asset-based financing to a computer and data processing company
- Represented lender providing asset-based financing to a software company