William H. Venema
Bill is an accomplished corporate attorney with extensive business management and leadership experience. His practice is focused around a broad range of domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, technology and software licensing, and joint ventures and other strategic alliances.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Bill served as General Counsel for a number of companies. Most recently, he acted as Vice President & General Counsel for Lehigh Hanson, Inc., the wholly owned subsidiary of Heidelberg Cement, one of the largest building materials manufacturers worldwide.
Bill is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law and a Distinguished Graduate of the U.S. Military Academy. He earned a MBA in Finance from Georgia State University.
B.S., Engineering, Distinguished Graduate, United States Military Academy
M.B.A., Finance, Georgia State University
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- Super Lawyers, Thomas Reuters, Georgia, 2004-2005
- Super Lawyers, Thomas Reuters, Texas, 2006-2010
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell (highest level for professional excellence)
Author, The Strategic Guide to Selling Your Software Company: Essential Advice from a Veteran Deal Warrior
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- Represented Computer Sciences Corporation on the Global Counsel Leaders Circle
- Atlanta Regional Commission – Board Member, 1995 to 2003. Established and chaired the ARC Telecommunications Task Force and authored the ARC Model Telecommunications Tower Siting Ordinance, which was commended by the Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission.
- Congressman Newt Gingrich’s Academy Selection Committee – Chairman, 1992 to 1999
- Cobb County Ethics Board – Board Member, 1991 to 1992
- Leadership Cobb
- Leadership Augusta
- National Eagle Scout Association – Life Member