Novaria Group, a leading manufacturer of specialty hardware, components, and coatings for the aerospace and defense industries, recently completed its acquisition of STROCO Manufacturing, Inc. This deal marks the sixth acquisition Novaria has announced from December of 2021 through July of 2022, taking place after its successful acquisitions of FMi Chemical, Hohman Plating, Advanced Coating, Hydro Fitting, and GK Mechanical Systems.
“Being an active acquirer demands a partnership such as the one we have with Jackson Walker,” said Bryan Perkins, CEO of Novaria Group. “Both Novaria and JW’s teams have shown an exceptional degree of excellence and efficiency in working together to support Novaria’s buy-and-build strategy, and we look forward to doing more in the future.”
Fort Worth corporate partner Evan M. Malloy, who leads the Jackson Walker team representing Novaria, remarked that “we are proud to assist Novaria in its continuing efforts to partner with leading providers of products and services in the aerospace and defense industries. The Novaria team takes a practical and thoughtful approach to the deal process, which results in a high degree of efficiency in closing transactions.”
Headquartered in North Texas, Novaria manages a family of 19 operating companies located in the states of Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio, and Texas, and in Canada, which provide components and services to the aerospace, defense, and other industries.
Through its six most recent acquisitions, Novaria has continued to expand its ability to produce specialized components, metal coatings, and machining services to the aerospace and defense industries.
- STROCO Manufacturing, Inc., is a leading provider of close tolerance precision sheet metal and machined components, mounting solutions, and flat pattern products for aerospace and defense customers.
- FMi Chemical, Inc. is a trusted supplier to leading aircraft OEMs and MRO facilities worldwide. FMi offers a range of industry-leading nonmetallic sealants, compounds, and coatings for aircraft manufacturing and maintenance.
- Hohman Plating & Mfg. provides metal finishing and coating services to a worldwide market, and is in the top 5% of all finishers in North America.
- Advanced Deposition & Coating Technologies, Inc. delivers high-quality Parylene conformal coating services to the military, avionics, industrial, high-risk electronics, and medical device industries.
- Hydro Fitting Manufacturing manufactures custom high-pressure valves, charging kits, hose assemblies, and fittings for the aerospace industry.
- GK Mechanical Systems LLC is a mechanical engineering and manufacturing firm specializing in locking systems and quick disconnect components for the aerospace, defense, and naval markets.
In addition to Evan M. Malloy, the Jackson Walker team included Corporate & Securities attorneys Chelsea T. Wood, Taylor R. Cummins, Kayla M. Matus, Nathan E. McCune, and Ryan K. Holm; Employee Benefits attorneys Greta E. Cowart, Charles H. Campbell, Alyca Riley Garrison and Jessica B. Palvino; Labor & Employment attorneys Jay K. Rutherford, David R. Schlottman, Sarah M. Montgomery and Sara K. Harris; Real Estate attorneys Travis W. McNellie, Thad H. Armstrong, Joel W. Heydenburk, Sara C. Thornton, and John David Kirby; Tax attorneys Ronald D. Kerridge, Nathan T. Smithson and Ashley P. Withers; Wealth Planning attorney Amanda L. Neinast; Environmental attorney Peter K. Wahl; Intellectual Property attorneys Raman N. Dewan and Sara K. Borrelli; Government Contracts attorneys William J. Stowe and William H. Venema; International and Regulatory attorney Robert L. Soza; Aerospace Product Liability attorney S. Brad Brown; and CARES Act attorney John D. Wittenberg.
More information about the transactions can be found by visiting Novaria’s announcements regarding STROCO Manufacturing, FMi Chemical, Hohman Plating, Advanced Coating, Hydro Fitting Manufacturing, and GK Mechanical Systems.
Since Jackson Walker’s founding in 1887, our attorneys have represented some of the most influential companies and business leaders in the world. Today, we remain firmly rooted in Texas while serving clients around the globe. With more than 450 attorneys across seven offices, we are the largest Texas firm and have been recognized by Law360 as a “Texas Powerhouse” and an “elite law firm” that regularly provides counsel to industry-leading clients on highly complex transactions ranging from millions to billions. To explore the Firm’s experience in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances, visit the Corporate & Securities practice page.