Jackson Walker is honored to announce that it has been recognized by the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) with the 2022 Compass Award. The award recognizes individuals and organizations for showing a strong commitment to building a more diverse organization and a more inclusive legal profession.
The Compass Award recognizes those individuals and organizations that fulfill all of the following requirements in a single calendar year:
- Member attendance at the LCLD Annual Membership Meeting and/or Member attendance at a Leadership Summit and/or submission of a Leader’s Pledge.
- Participation in the LCLD Fellows and Pathfinder Programs.
- Participation in an LCLD Pipeline program (the 1L Scholars program or the Success in Law School Mentoring Program).
Jackson Walker is proud to be a longtime member of the LCLD, one of the nation’s leading organizations promoting diversity. The organization comprises more than 350 corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners dedicated to creating a truly diverse legal profession. Since 2012, we have participated in the 1L LCLD Scholars Program and have selected 18 diverse leaders across the firm for the LCLD’s Fellows and Pathfinder Programs. In recognition of our involvement, the firm has been recognized as an LCLD Top Performer in 2016, 2017, 2020, and 2021.
Recently, Managing Partner Wade Cooper established a formal commitment to diversity and inclusion by creating a public pledge set forth by the LCLD’s Board of Directors in 2022.
Jackson Walker takes its commitment to diversity, inclusion, and mutual respect for all individuals in the firm very seriously. In addition to the LCLD, the firm proudly partners with initiatives that strive to create a more inclusive environment for all, including PracticePro’s Pre-Law Diversity Scholarship, Diversity Lab’s Mansfield Rule 5.0 and 6.0 certification processes, and Project Unity’s Together We Dine, among others. In honor of our dedication, our firm has been recognized by the Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA), the Diversity & Flexibility Alliance, and has ranked among the top 25 firms for DEI by Chambers Associate and as 13th among law firms nationwide for racial and ethnic diversity in the 2023 Vault Rankings.
Jackson Walker is proud to continue to support and participate in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity and other organizations that are making a substantial impact on the legal profession. As the firm focuses on diversifying leadership, hiring attorneys who come from underrepresented communities, and increasing their visibility among clients and the overall legal community, visit the Diversity & Inclusion page for updates on the Firm’s progress.
- Jackson Walker Achieves Mansfield 5.0 Certification Plus Status »
- Jackson Walker and PracticePro Announce Pre-Law Diversity Scholarship »
- Jackson Walker Participates in Mansfield Rule 6.0 Certification Process »
- Diversity & Flexibility Alliance Recognizes Jackson Walker Among Firms “Tipping the Scales” »
- Jackson Walker Recognized by MCCA for Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion »
- Jackson Walker Participates in Mansfield Rule 5.0 Certification Process »
- Diversifying the Legal Profession, One Student at a Time »
- Igniting Change: Jackson Walker Rises in Ranks for Diversity & Inclusion Efforts »