Jackson Walker was recently recognized at the “Ground-Making Ceremony” for Woodall Rodgers Park in Dallas, Texas. The Park is one of the biggest public/private initiatives currently being undertaken in the city.
Woodall Rodgers Park is to be a 5.2-acre deck park that will create an urban green space over the existing Woodall Rodgers Freeway. The park will provide connectivity to the city’s flourishing Arts District, bring cultural offerings together, and serve as a central gathering space for Dallas and its visitors to enjoy. In addition to a restaurant and performance pavilions, plans for the park include jogging trails, a dog park, a children’s playground, a water sculpture, an area for games, and much more.
Several Jackson Walker attorneys are closely involved in the development of this new Dallas attraction. Members of the JW team that helped bring the project to this launch point include:
- Carl Butzer (Intellectual Property)
- Willie Hornberger (Structuring of Transaction)
- Michael Kaufman (Nonprofit Taxation)
- Mike Knapek (Insurance Structuring)
- Shakib Mir (Corporate Governance)
- Marisela Peña (Corporate Governance)
- Chris Thompson (Insurance Structuring)
- Lee White (Financing)