Amanda Van Deusen
Amanda Van Deusen is a Certified Professional Landman in the energy group of Jackson Walker’s Houston office with over 16 years’ experience as a Landman in acquisition due diligence and energy finance projects with upstream and midstream asset evaluation. Amanda’s work focuses on title examination, reserve evaluation in energy finance transactions, contract analysis and document preparation for clients across the energy industry. Amanda has executed due diligence programs for multi-billion dollar credit facilities and acquisitions by large exploration and production companies or non-operators (foreign and domestic) related to producing properties and undeveloped leaseholds.
Amanda is also experienced in evaluation, due diligence and management of bankruptcy assets, renewable energy and water projects, and multi-county foreclosures.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Amanda worked as a Professional Landman at an international corporate law firm, and in-house as a Senior Landman for various energy and land management companies.
B.A., Austin College
J.D., University of Houston Law Center
Certified Professional Landman, 2012
- Conduct title due diligence on multiple $100 million or more credit facilities for first and second lien creditors.
- Represent, manage and conduct title for private and public exploration and production companies in the sale and acquisition of oil and gas properties throughout the United States.
- Evaluate and track secured assets for first and second lien holders in Ch. 11 bankruptcies.
- Special Award (Education), American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), 2021
- Special Award (Education), American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), 2018
- “Above and Beyond” Award, Houston Association of Professional Landmen (HAPL), 2015
- Author, “The Power of the HAPL Community,” HAPL Newsletter (September, 2020)
- Panelist, “Transferable Land Skills for the Professional Landman,” AAPL Annual Meeting (June, 2020)
- Author, “Professionalism, Advancement & Service by Female Landmen,” HAPL Newsletter (November, 2019)
- Author, “Promoting the Land Profession with the Three C’s,” HAPL Newsletter (January, 2019)
- Speaker, “Landmen for Lawyers – Lender Due Diligence,” South Texas College of Law, Energy Law Institute (October, 2018)
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen (HAPL) Technical Workshop, Committee Chairman, 2016-Current
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen (HAPL), 1st Vice President, 2021-2022
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen (HAPL), 2nd Vice President and Education Luncheons/Webinars, 2020-2021
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen (HAPL), 3rd Vice President and Newsletter, 2019-2020
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen (HAPL), Treasurer, 2018-2019
- American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), Member
- Women’s Energy Network (WEN), Member
- Northside Christian Church, Member & Volunteer