Ashley P. Withers
Ashley P. Withers is an attorney in the tax practice of Jackson Walker’s Dallas office. She helps businesses and individuals strategize in their business decisions by advising them on tax incentives and how to structure transactions with favorable tax treatment. Her experience includes assisting business and investors with tax planning related to the CARES Act, aircraft purchases, Qualified Opportunity Zone investments, qualified small business stock, litigation settlements, and company asset and stock sales as well as assisting religious and charitable organizations with property tax matters. Practice spans complex corporate, partnership, family, and tax-exempt organization transactions as well as tax controversy matters including IRS audits and appeals.
Prior to focusing her practice on tax, Ashley was a Research Attorney at Jackson Walker. As a Research Attorney, she conducted in-depth legal research for a variety of practice areas and analyzed the development of novel legal issues, legislative history, federal and state case law, regulations, and statutes, jury verdicts, and judicial ruling history.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Ashley served as the Associate Director of Employer Relations at Texas Tech University School of Law, where she researched legal employer hiring practices, employer news, and industry trends. Ashley also previously practiced as an associate attorney at a small firm in Lubbock, where she served as the primary legal researcher and writer for the firm’s major cases, drafting petitions and complaints, discovery requests and responses, deposition questions, correspondence with clients and opposing counsel, settlement agreements, orders, and legal memoranda.
B.A., summa cum laude, Stephen F. Austin State University
J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- Outstanding Director Award, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL), 2018
- W. Frank Newton Service Award, Texas Tech University School of Law, 2012-2013
- “CARES Act: Tax Relief and Incentives for Businesses and Employers,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes webinar (April 2020)
- “CARES Act: Tax Relief and Incentives for Individuals,” Jackson Walker Fast Takes webinar (April 2020)
- Panelist, “Women’s Guide to Building and Protecting Their Wealth,” presented by the Dallas Women Lawyers Association, Moms in Law, and the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (November 2019).
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL), Board of Directors, 2017-Present
- DAYL/Dallas Women Lawyers Association (DWLA), Mentoring Circles, 2017-2018
- DAYL Law Student Assistance Committee, Co-Chair, 2015-2016
- Junior League of Dallas, Member, 2015-2016
- Texas Tech University of Law Traveling Moot Court Team, Coach, 2011-2014