Carolyn S. Mulvey
Carolyn S. Mulvey is an attorney in the Corporate & Securities section of Jackson Walker’s San Antonio office. She has extensive experience in representing companies in private equity M&A and corporate restructuring transactions. Carolyn advises closely held businesses and family offices on entity structures and management equity incentives for family capital and third-party investment vehicles.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Carolyn served as assistant general counsel for a private investment company operating in the private equity, oil and gas, and real estate markets. In that role, Carolyn represented the private equity sponsor and portfolio companies in connection with leveraged buyouts, mergers, and acquisitions across a variety of industries.
B.A., summa cum laude, Texas Tech University
J.D., summa cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Order of the Coif
- Texas Tech Law Review, Articles Editor
- Student Public Interest Initiative
- Represented private equity sponsor and portfolio companies in connection with leveraged buyouts, mergers, and acquisitions across a variety of industries, including IT, life sciences, industrial coatings, and energy
- Handled all aspects of purchase and sale of entities and assets, including deal structuring, LOI, due diligence, and drafting of definitive and ancillary agreements and financing documentation, including credit and security agreements
- Advised family office on entity structures and management equity incentives for family capital and third-party investment vehicles
- Advised on corporate governance and drafted corporate documents and agreements as needed for portfolio of over 50 companies
- Represented private companies in formation and organization and corporate governance
- Drafted and negotiated commercial contracts including confidentiality, service, licensing, sales and SaaS agreements
- Drafted and revised variety of commercial contracts for publicly traded insurance company client, including licensing, SaaS agreements, and vendor contracts
- Counseled on privacy and insurance regulatory matters
- Represented public companies with respect to securities compliance, including periodic reporting, corporate governance and general corporate matters
- Conducted legal and factual research and drafted memoranda on federal and state law issues, including state “blue sky” securities law, broker-dealer registration, and insurance regulations
- “Best S.A. Lawyers,” San Antonio Scene, 2023
- Mosaic Family Services, Inc., Board of Directors, 2015-2022
- Board of Directors, Chair, 2018-2019
September 18, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 44 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2023 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list. In its 19th year, the “Best S.A. Lawyers” list presents attorneys across 80 distinct practice areas who were nominated by fellow licensed, practicing attorneys of Bexar County.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 28, 2022Attorney News
Carolyn Mulvey represents companies in mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and corporate restructuring transactions. She has extensive experience advising private companies and family offices in a broad array of transactional matters.