Gracie Garcia is a persuasive and successful trial attorney who combines pragmatism, charisma, and dedication to deliver strategic advice and favorable verdicts. Throughout her practice, Gracie has successfully represented both individuals and entities in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including general business disputes involving breach of contract claims, negligence, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty claims, as well as real estate-related disputes involving eviction issues, construction claims, mechanic’s liens, and homeowners’ association disputes.
Understanding that every client has different goals and needs, Gracie is able to assess every aspect of a matter with a keen eye toward detail in order to develop the best legal strategy possible, whether it be an aggressive yet persuasive litigation approach in trial, mediation, or arbitration. When other areas of law beyond litigation are implicated, Gracie works cross-discipline with colleagues in other legal areas of service such as bankruptcy, healthcare, or transactional law.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Gracie served as a law clerk for the Honorable Rebeca Martinez at the Fourth Court of Appeals in San Antonio, Texas, and also interned for the Texas Attorney General in Fort Worth. These experiences helped her develop an understanding of how the judiciary and governmental sectors view different legal issues.
B.S., cum laude, Texas Christian University
- Alpha Kappa Delta, International Sociology Honor Society
J.D., cum laude, St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Solicitations Editor, The Scholar: St. Mary’s Law Review on Race and Social Justice
- Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Honor Society
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas
- “Texas Rising Star,” Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2021
- Speaker, Texas A&M University School of Law, Women of Color Collective Law Students Association, October 2019
- Speaker, Texas Christian University, Anthropology and Sociology Department, April 2019
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, Associate Member
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2017