Josué J. Galván
Josué Galván is a litigation attorney who represents business clients and individuals across a variety of industries. Josué’s practice focuses on complex business and property disputes, probate litigation, non-subscriber and employment litigation, white collar defense, and catastrophic personal injury defense. Whether in state court, federal court, or an arbitration proceeding, Josué represents clients through each stage of litigation and stands ready to serve as a trusted counselor to help clients efficiently achieve their dispute resolution objectives.
In years prior to joining Jackson Walker, Josué served as a full-time extern to Justice Debra Lehrmann of the Texas Supreme Court, and a trained mediator at the Lubbock County Dispute Resolution Center. Before attending law school, Josué was a middle school science teacher.
B.S., magna cum laude, The University of Texas Pan-American
J.D., magna cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law
- ABA Arbitration Regional Champion, National Semifinalist
- National Latina/o Law Student Association Moot Court Finalist
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society – Warren Inn
U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
Complex Business and Property Disputes
- Represented clients through state court, federal court, and arbitration proceedings involving breach of contract, tortious interference, and fiduciary duty claims resolved through favorable settlement
- Represented client in matter obtaining complete dismissal of trespass to try title suit via summary judgment
- Represented client in matter obtaining partial summary judgment dismissing claims for attorneys’ fees and lost profits in federal court, and resolving remaining claims through favorable settlement
- Obtained favorable settlement for client to avoid enforcement of foreign judgment
- Favorably resolved numerous suits for partition of surface and mineral estates
- Successfully defended client against multiple demands for unpaid charges
Personal Injury Defense
- Defended various businesses through AAA and JWA arbitrations involving work-injury and wrongful death claims through which clients obtained favorable settlements
- Represented business clients in state court litigation involving commercial vehicle accidents through which clients obtained favorable settlements
- Obtained preliminary injunction in federal court to enforce non-compete agreement against business client’s former employee
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of former employee’s lawsuit against business client
- Represented client in arbitration proceeding involving theft of trade secrets claim that resolved through favorable settlement
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Appellate Practice, 2022-2024
- Texas Rising Star – Business Litigation, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2021-2023
- Presidential Citation, State Bar of Texas, 2023
- Civility Award, Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2022
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2021
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List – Business Litigation, San Antonio Scene, 2019-2023
- “Rising Star Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2017, 2022
- President’s Award of Merit, Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2020
- Margaret A. Costello Pro Bono Award
- Author, “Embracing My Roots and Heritage,” The Texas Lawbook (2020)
- Mention, “Texas Lawyers Win Asylum for Family Threatened by Taliban,” Texas Lawyer (2017)
- Author, “Now What?: A Guide to Navigating the Michael Morton Act’s Seemingly Unconstitutional Pro Se Provision,” 48 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 423 (2016)
- Diversity in the Profession Committee, State Bar of Texas, 2019 – 2023
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2020 – Present
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2019 – 2023
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- LeadershipSBOT, 2018 – 2019
- San Antonio Bar Association
- The William S. Sessions American Inn of Court
- Teach for America – Rio Grande Valley, 2011 Corps
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program 2021
December 4, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s December 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
October 10, 2023Podcasts
JW Fast Takes Podcast | ~6.5 minutes
In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, Josué Galván joins the Fast Takes podcast to share his family’s story and how his experiences have shaped his legal practice at Jackson Walker.
September 18, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 44 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2023 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list. In its 19th year, the “Best S.A. Lawyers” list presents attorneys across 80 distinct practice areas who were nominated by fellow licensed, practicing attorneys of Bexar County.
August 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 23, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 63 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2023 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
September 6, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 42 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list.
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.