Lauren Hunsaker is an associate in the Real Estate practice of Jackson Walker’s Houston office. Her practice is focused on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing, and pipeline installation for privately owned and publicly traded companies.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Lauren served as outside counsel for a global leader in oilfield services. In that role, she served as primary counsel for the upstream chemical division and specialty equipment divisions, negotiating master service agreements, indemnity agreements, and exclusive supplier agreements in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
B.A., summa cum laude, University of Pennsylvania
- Dean’s List, 2004-2008
- Mortar Board Senior Honors Society
- Pi Gamma Mu International Honors Society
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- The Review of Litigation, Volume 30, Chief Notes Editor (2010-2011); Staff Editor (2009-2010)
- Interscholastic Mock Trial Team
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Represented developer of midstream infrastructure in acquiring all third party easements required for operating 11-mile long pipeline within a railroad right-of-way and privately-owned tracts.
- Represented developer in acquiring +/-1,200 acres of unimproved land in Grimes County, Texas for a master planned community.
- Represented privately held real estate investment company in the disposition of five tracts in the East End District of Harris County, Texas.
- Represented publicly traded car retailer and e-commerce company in negotiating industrial building lease in Missouri City, Texas.
- Conducted due diligence on behalf of privately held real estate investment company in connection with assuming existing purchase and sale agreements for the acquisition of multiple tracts in a qualified opportunity zone.
- Represented developer in conducting due diligence of +/-1,300 acres in Galveston County, Texas in connection with acquiring land for a master planned community.
- Represented privately held borrowers in refinancing secured and unsecured debt totaling $271,000,000.
- Represented developer in selling “front door” commercial tract in master planned community to real estate investment firm for multi-family and mixed use.
- Represented Texas bank in negotiating conveyance of a parcel to the Texas Department of Transportation in lieu of condemnation.
- Represented owner of a pipeline corridor in Harris County, Texas in negotiating a pipeline easement agreement with publicly traded midstream pipeline company.
- Assisted developer in acquiring +/-2,700 acres of unimproved land in Montgomery County, Texas for a master planned community.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Real Estate Law, 2024
- Houston Bar Association – Real Estate Section, Council Member, 2023-2024
- United States Adult Cystic Fibrosis Association, Board Member, 2017-2018
- State Bar of Texas – Real Estate Section, 2011-Present
August 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
July 5, 2023Attorney News
Houston Bar Association’s Real Estate Section Elects Carey Hain as Chair-Elect and Lauren Hunsaker as Council Member
Jackson Walker congratulates Carey L. Hain and Lauren Hunsaker on their 2023-2024 elections to leadership positions within the Houston Bar Association’s Real Estate Law Section. Carey will serve as Chair-Elect and Lauren will serve as a Council Member. Carey previously served as Secretary and Treasurer of the HBA Real Estate Law Section.