Mario Perez Dolan
Mario Perez Dolan is a partner in the corporate and securities section of Jackson Walker. Mario has represented both public and private companies in a broad array of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance, equity financing transactions, and general corporate matters.
A.B., Princeton University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
In the mergers and acquisitions portion of his practice, Mario has represented both purchasers and sellers in negotiated transactions in a variety of industries, including, energy services, healthcare, and consumer packaged goods. His experience includes representations of strategic purchasers and private equity clients in the acquisition or disposition of operating businesses, as well as controlling or minority ownership positions.
Mario also has extensive experience in counseling clients with respect to joint ventures and other corporate governance matters. As part of his joint venture and corporate governance experience, he has represented both investors and management teams or developers in the negotiation of the underlying governance documents in connection with oil and gas, energy infrastructure, and real estate development transactions.
In each representation, Mario takes pride in understanding his client’s strategic goals and working towards achieving those outcomes in an efficient manner that focuses on client priorities. This approach has provided Mario the opportunity to develop long-term relationships with his clients and become a trusted member of the team.
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2018
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, Texas Monthly, 2013-2016
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Princeton Prize in Race Relations Dallas/Ft. Worth Region, Former Chair
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Texas C-Bar, Volunteer
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acquisition by a provider of produced water infrastructure solutions of operating produced water infrastructure assets.
- Public pipeline equipment company purchase of valve equipment repair company.
- Public pipeline equipment disposition of brand division to international purchaser.
- Advised seller in merger of leading “better-for-you” salty snack CPG company.
- Chalak Mitra Group purchase of Elephant Bar Restaurant franchise in 363 asset transaction.
- Private equity firm purchase of industrial equipment manufacturer.
- Divestiture of pest control division of NYSE listed home builder.
- Divestiture of building supply division of NYSE listed home builder.
- Acquisition and merger of international technology company by NASDAQ listed silicon chip manufacturer.
Joint Ventures and Corporate Governance
- Real estate developer in connection with joint venture for 600,000 Class “A” Office Building component of multi-tower mixed-use development.
- Dallas based private equity firm in investment in heavy machinery-moving and rigging company.
- Dallas based private equity firm in investment in land services company.
- Family office investment in water infrastructure and produced water management company.
- Family office investment in railway services and equipment company.
- Family office investment in industrial manufacturing company.
- Management team in connection with equity commitment by Texas-based energy investment firm to pursue middle market special situation and structured energy related transactions.
- Management team in connection with equity commitment by Texas-based energy investment firm to pursue acquisition and development strategy in specified basins.
- Multiple mezzanine and traditional preferred equity investments by Dallas-based hedge fund in multi-family housing assets.
Venture Capital Financings
- Multiple equity and venture debt financings for Austin-based of leading “better-for-you” salty snack CPG company.
- Multiple venture capital and venture debt financings for Dallas-based multi-level marketing company.
- Series A Preferred Financing for online education technology company.
- Family office investment in early stage CPG incubator.
- Drafted governance documents and advised 501(c)3 providing services to returning war veterans.