Michelle Moore Smith
Michelle Moore Smith is an Austin real estate attorney with experience in all phases of the ownership of commercial real estate, including the acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of office buildings, shopping centers, condominium projects and unimproved land.
Michelle has extensive experience in office, industrial, and retail leasing matters. She regularly counsels landlords and tenants in the preparation and negotiation of leases, subleases, amendments and other leasing documents. Her practice also includes representation of financial institutions and borrowers in financing various types of commercial real estate. She structures, documents, and closes commercial real estate construction, development, revolving and term loans. Additionally, Michelle often advises real estate investors in the structure and formation of joint ventures and other investment vehicles.
B.A., cum laude, Washington and Lee University
J.D., cum laude, University of Texas School of Law
- Represented landlord of portfolio first-class office buildings in downtown Austin, Texas, including negotiation of a lease extension and expansion which increased the value of one of the buildings by $60,000,000.
- Represented landlord in re-leasing of retail center in north Austin, Texas with new anchor tenants.
- Negotiated 1,000,000 square foot lease in downtown Houston on behalf of landlord.
- Represented national bank as lender’s counsel in $35,137,000 construction loan for 214,587 square foot office development and five level parking garage known as Rollingwood Center in Austin, Texas.
- Represented state bank as lender’s counsel in $33,000,000 construction loan for 194 room Granduca Hotel in suburban Austin, Texas.
- Represented borrower in acquisition financing of historic mixed-use buildings in downtown Austin, Texas.
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Represented a real estate investment company in disposition of portfolio of first-class office buildings in suburban Austin, Texas.
- Represented purchaser in acquisition (and related financing) of prominent first-class office building in downtown Fort Worth, Texas.
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of office building in San Antonio, Texas and the related assumption of securitized mortgage loan.
- Represented real estate fund sponsor in formation of joint ventures with operational partners and related acquisition, redevelopment and disposition of multifamily, retail and office assets.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2011, 2016-2020
- The Real Estate Council of Austin – Leadership Development Council, 2015
- Junior League of Austin
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association – Real Estate Section