Sierra R. Quinonez
Sierra Quinonez is a partner in Jackson Walker’s Finance & Banking section in Fort Worth, with more than a decade of experience representing both lenders and borrowers in the documentation and negotiation of complex lending transactions across a broad range of industries, including healthcare, oil and gas, real estate, financial services, media and telecommunications, manufacturing, sports, agriculture, retail, and technology.
Sierra represents clients in a wide variety of commercial finance matters, including middle market and asset-based financings, large syndicated credit facilities, real estate construction and acquisition loans, mezzanine financing, subscription lines of credit, aircraft financing, tax lien lending transactions, private bank transactions, acquisition financings, and participations. She also advises businesses and financial institutions in regulatory matters, including lending, enforcement, and compliance.
Sierra also has extensive experience in the workout and restructuring of troubled loans. She regularly guides clients through all stages of a loan workout, including:
- Loan document and collateral review and analysis
- Notices of default / reservation of rights letters
- Demand letters
- Forbearance agreements
- Complex restructuring amendments
- Debtor-in-possession financing arrangements
- Note sales
B.S., magna cum laude, Texas A&M University
- Oxford University Exchange Scholar
J.D., cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law
- Associate Managing Editor, International Law Review Association
- Chief Justice, SMU Tax Clinic
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Banking and Finance Law, 2021-2023
- Tarrant County’s Top Attorneys, Fort Worth Magazine, 2011-2019
- “Top Attorneys” List – Banking and Financial, 360 West, 2017-2018, 2021
- Downtown Fort Worth, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2021-Present
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Tarrant County Corporate Walk Chair, 2021 Light the Night
- Executive Committee Member, 2021-Present
- Junior Achievement of the Chisholm Trail
- Board of Directors, 2016-2019
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Women Attorneys Section, Board of Directors, Treasurer, 2015-2017
- Texas A&M University Law Student Mentor, 2015-2016
- CREW Fort Worth
- Co-Chair, Communications Committee, 2015-2016
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
April 21, 2022Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – April 2022
View Jackson Walker’s April 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
October 5, 2021Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – October 2021
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
August 25, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates the Fort Worth Attorneys Named to the “Top Attorneys 2021” List in ‘360 West Magazine’
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 15 Fort Worth-based attorneys to 360 West Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2021. To be selected for inclusion, attorneys with an active license and who practice within the Tarrant County area can nominate up to three attorneys in 44 specialty areas who reflect relevant practice areas in the region.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
February 11, 2021Newsletters
JW Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter – February 2021
View Jackson Walker’s February 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 6, 2020Attorney News
Sierra Quinonez Expands Jackson Walker’s Commercial Finance Practice in Fort Worth
With over a decade of experience, Sierra Quinonez has handled complex lending transactions across a broad range of industries, including healthcare, oil and gas, real estate, financial services, media and telecommunications, manufacturing, sports, agriculture, retail, and technology.