William R. Borchers
Will is an intellectual property attorney that focuses on helping clients protect their ideas. His practice includes helping clients of all sizes, from solos, to start-ups, to mid-size companies, to large companies, identify, secure, and monetize their inventions and creations.
Will has refined his craft for more than 17 years. He actively works with clients to identify and evaluate the merits of prospective ideas. If worthy of protection, Will has extensive experience helping clients protect their ideas using patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret regimes. Will also assists clients in monetizing their ideas through licensing and enforcement programs.
B.S., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Will has prepared over 250 and prosecuted over 350 patent applications in the electronics, computer networking, telecom, software, business method, mechanical, medical device, and optics arts fields.
Will’s experience also includes:
- Conducting infringement and validity studies and drafting associated opinions
- Preparing patent re-examinations
- Negotiating and drafting licensing agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Developing foreign filing programs
- Participating in patent litigations, including liability analysis, strategy, briefing and resolving disputes in the non-litigation context
Before attending law school, Mr. Borchers spent four years working as an engineer working with radar systems and aerospace vehicles.
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2017-2020
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property