The ways in which content is created, consumed, and shared continue to transform, complicating the issues and implications involved with protecting music, films, photographs, visual artwork, software, and other works of authorship. Jackson Walker attorneys help clients ranging from individuals and small startups to Fortune 500 companies navigate all types of copyright-related issues, from the identification and registration of rights to the handling and resolution of disputes.
- Advise on copyright ownership, infringement, and rights management issues
- Registration of copyrights and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) designated agents
- Negotiate and draft various copyright agreements, including work made for hire agreements, copyright transfers/assignments, copyright license agreements, and copyright mortgage agreements
- Assist clients with clearing applicable rights in various works
- Counsel clients on copyright exceptions and exemptions, including fair use and public domain