With the current economic crisis and unemployment numbers at the highest level since the Great Depression, the H-1B visa seems like an easy target for those looking for ways to improve unemployment within the United States. Jackson Walker senior counsel Sang Shin discusses the H-1B visa’s role in our economy, and what issues employers who use this visa should consider right now.
The music is by Eve Searls.
This podcast is made available by Jackson Walker for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and is not a substitute for legal advice from qualified counsel. Your use of this podcast does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Jackson Walker. The facts and results of each case will vary, and no particular result can be guaranteed.
- “Impacts of COVID-19 on U.S. Immigration and Travel Policies,” Jackson Walker Insights & Resources (July 22, 2020)
- “Embassies and Consulates to Resume Phased Visa Processing,” Jackson Walker Insights (July 21, 2020)
- “Newest Presidential Proclamation Further Restricts Immigration Into the US,” Jackson Walker Insights (June 23, 2020)
- “USCIS Resumes Premium Processing,” Jackson Walker Insights (June 4, 2020)
- “President Trump Orders Temporary Hold on Immigration – Who’s Impacted? For How Long? What’s Next?,” Jackson Walker Insights (April 23, 2020)
- “COVID-19 Immigration Considerations,” Jackson Walker Insights (April 6, 2020)
- “Banks, fintechs weigh fallout from H1-B work visa restrictions,” Banking Dive (July 15, 2020)
- “How Trump’s latest H-1B visa suspension will impact hiring at tech companies,” TechRepublic (June 30, 2020)
- “Trump’s H-1B work visa ban creates six-month headache,” TechTarget (June 24, 2020)
- “Suspending immigration could hurt international companies,” KPRC 2 Click2Houston (April 21, 2020)