Ann M. Leafstedt
Ann helps family offices and businesses in a variety of industries achieve their objectives. She provides general corporate representation, and advises clients on the formation of entities, acquisitions, corporate governance issues, financing transactions and other business matters.
Ann also regularly counsels clients involved in mergers and acquisitions on compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Act, including how to navigate the pre-merger notification process and the disclosures required in HSR Act filings. As a leader on the subject, Ann and her colleague Shari Mao presented an internal continuing legal education program on HSR compliance called “The ABC’s of HSR.”
B.A., Williams College
M.A., Stanford University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- Ann provides family offices with strategic advice in implementing succession planning and handling both day-to-day business matters and complex financing and corporate transactions.
- Ann has drafted operating agreements for large and small family businesses to preserve wealth and handle a range of family situations and dynamics.
- Ann represents clients in a variety of industries, including energy, construction, heavy equipment, and ranching.
- Ann has worked on the negotiation and closing of many large financing transactions, primarily representing borrowers.
- Works with multi-disciplinary teams of tax, real estate and IP specialists to help clients navigate all angles of deals.
- Representative transactions include handling acquisitions of a construction company, aircraft holding company, cyber-security consulting firm, a security alarm provider, and many others.
- Ann has enjoyed advising several local non-profit organizations on a pro bono basis.
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2018
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2015, 2017-2022
- Business & Corporate
- Closely Held Business
- Corporate Governance/Compliance
- “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law,” San Antonio Scene, 2021
- Speaker, “The ABC’s of HSR,” Jackson Walker Internal HSR Compliance CLE, October 2020
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Public Library Foundation, Board of Directors; Co-Chair, Literacy Caravan Committee
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Construction Project Committee; Altar Guild
- Leadership San Antonio (LSA), Participant, 2018
- Green Spaces Alliance, Board of Directors (2015-2019)
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Junior Warden (2018-2019); Vestry (2017-2019); Finance Committee (2017-2020)
September 6, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 42 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list.
August 1, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s August 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
April 14, 2022Attorney News
‘Scene in S.A.’ Recognizes 13 Jackson Walker Attorneys Among “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law”
Jackson Walker proudly congratulates the 13 women attorneys who have been named to Scene in S.A.’s survey of the “Outstanding Women in Law” for 2022.
October 14, 2021Client Results
Digital Turbine, a public leading independent mobile advertising solutions provider, has completed more than $1 billion in cross-border deals in 2021 through the acquisitions of Fyber, AdColony, and Triapodi (d/b/a Appreciate).
October 5, 2021Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s October 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
July 14, 2021Attorney News
In its 17th year, the “Best S.A. Lawyers” list presents attorneys across 80 distinct practice areas who were nominated by fellow licensed, practicing attorneys of Bexar County. The survey takes the voters for each attorney into account, including where the voter works, their practice area, and how many years they have practiced.
April 19, 2021Attorney News
‘Scene in S.A.’ Recognizes 14 Jackson Walker Attorneys Among Inaugural List of “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law”
Jackson Walker proudly congratulates the 14 women attorneys who have been named to Scene in S.A.’s inaugural survey of “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law.”
November 10, 2020Client Results
Jackson Walker represented NuStar Energy L.P. in connection with the sale of terminals in Texas City, Texas, to BWC Terminals for $106 million. Announced on November 2, 2020, the transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2020 and proceeds will be used to improve debt metrics and self-funding of NuStar’s capital program.
July 30, 2020Attorney News
‘Scene in S.A.’ Recognizes 40 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2020 “Best S.A. Lawyers” and “Rising Star Lawyers” Lists
In its 16th year, the “Best S.A. Lawyers” list presents attorneys across 80 distinct practice areas who were nominated by fellow licensed, practicing attorneys of Bexar County.
February 19, 2020Client Results
A Jackson Walker team led by Cale McDowell, Rony Kishinevsky and Cade Satterfield advised Blue River Partners in the sale of its business to IQ-EQ, a top-four global investor services firm, on February 18, 2020.