Ann M. Leafstedt
Ann helps family offices and businesses in a variety of industries achieve their objectives. She provides general corporate representation, and advises clients on the formation of entities, acquisitions, corporate governance issues, financing transactions and other business matters.
Ann also regularly counsels clients involved in mergers and acquisitions on compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Act, including how to navigate the pre-merger notification process and the disclosures required in HSR Act filings. As a leader on the subject, Ann and her colleague Shari Mao presented an internal continuing legal education program on HSR compliance called “The ABC’s of HSR.”
B.A., Williams College
M.A., Stanford University
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- Ann provides family offices with strategic advice in implementing succession planning and handling both day-to-day business matters and complex financing and corporate transactions.
- Ann has drafted operating agreements for large and small family businesses to preserve wealth and handle a range of family situations and dynamics.
- Ann represents clients in a variety of industries, including energy, construction, heavy equipment, and ranching.
- Ann has worked on the negotiation and closing of many large financing transactions, primarily representing borrowers.
- Works with multi-disciplinary teams of tax, real estate and IP specialists to help clients navigate all angles of deals.
- Representative transactions include handling acquisitions of a construction company, aircraft holding company, cyber-security consulting firm, a security alarm provider, and many others.
- Ann has enjoyed advising several local non-profit organizations on a pro bono basis.
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.), Corporate Law, 2024
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation, 2018
- “Best S.A. Lawyers” List, San Antonio Scene, 2015, 2017-2023
- Business & Corporate
- Closely Held Business
- Corporate Governance/Compliance
- “San Antonio’s Outstanding Women in Law,” San Antonio Scene, 2021
- Co-Author, “Countdown to the CTA: An Overview of the Corporate Transparency Act,” Jackson Walker Insights (September 2023)
- Speaker, “The ABC’s of HSR,” Jackson Walker Internal HSR Compliance CLE (October 2020)
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Public Library Foundation, Board of Directors; Co-Chair, Literacy Caravan Committee
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Construction Project Committee; Altar Guild
- Leadership San Antonio (LSA), Participant, 2018
- Green Spaces Alliance, Board of Directors (2015-2019)
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Junior Warden (2018-2019); Vestry (2017-2019); Finance Committee (2017-2020)
December 4, 2023Insights
By Ann M. Leafstedt and Roderick O. Faulk
On January 1, 2024, the Corporate Transparency Act (the “CTA”) will go into effect. The CTA is a U.S. law (31 U.S. Code § 5336), enacted January 1, 2021, that aims to combat money laundering and other illicit activities. The CTA requires reporting entities to disclose certain beneficial ownership information and other data to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”), a bureau of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
December 4, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s December 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
September 18, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 44 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2023 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list. In its 19th year, the “Best S.A. Lawyers” list presents attorneys across 80 distinct practice areas who were nominated by fellow licensed, practicing attorneys of Bexar County.
September 14, 2023Client Results
Jackson Walker Advises Seller as Vital Energy Increases Permian Basin Scale Through Accretive Transactions
Jackson Walker served as legal counsel to Henry Energy LP and Henry Resources LLC (“Henry”) in the sale of Henry’s Midland and Delaware basin assets to Vital Energy, Inc. in an all-equity transaction.
September 6, 2023Insights
By Ann M. Leafstedt and Roderick O. Faulk
On January 1, 2024, the Corporate Transparency Act (the “CTA”) will go into effect. The CTA is a U.S. law (31 U.S. Code § 5336), enacted January 1, 2021, that aims to combat money laundering and other illicit activities. The CTA requires reporting entities to disclose certain beneficial ownership information and other data to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), a bureau of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
November 17, 2022Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s November 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
September 6, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 42 practicing attorneys in the San Antonio office who were included in Scene in S.A.’s 2022 “Best S.A. Lawyers” list.