W. Bowman Givhan
Bowman is a transactional attorney in Jackson Walker’s Dallas office representing clients in a broad array of corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and compliance, securities regulation and finance and fund formation and management. He regularly represents public and private companies, private equity funds, venture capital funds and individuals in transactions and other corporate matters in a variety of industries including energy, healthcare, hospitality, insurance, logistics, manufacturing, media, real estate, retail and technology.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Bowman worked in the corporate group at another nationally recognized law firm and spent time on secondment at a global computer security company.
B.A., magna cum laude, The University of Alabama
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- University Honors College
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- Certificate in Transnational Legal Studies (earned from the Center for Transnational Legal Studies)
- Georgetown Journal of International Law, Online Content Editor
Bowman assists clients throughout the life cycle of their companies including advising on, negotiating, and drafting formation documents, commercial agreements, joint venture agreements, corporate restructuring documents, and licensing agreements. Additionally, he advises clients through corporate governance issues.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Bowman assists clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries in asset purchase, equity purchase, and merger transactions. Some of his recent representations include:
- Representation of a public mobile advertising solutions provider in its transformative acquisitions of three international mobile advertising companies valued in excess of $1 billion
- Representation of a private equity firm in the sale of one of the industry’s largest plastic distributors
- Representation of a provider of produced water infrastructure solutions in acquiring a portfolio of operating assets in New Mexico from a major Permian Basin oil producer, including 23 saltwater disposal wells and 300 miles of water gathering pipelines
Fund Formation and Management
Bowman represents fund managers in forming and managing investment funds of all types. Additionally, he represents fund investors in evaluating and negotiating investment documents.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Securities Regulation, 2022