Bradley K. Mahanay
A strategic problem-solver, Brad Mahanay offers more than 25 years of experience handling mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, private equity, and venture capital investments for clients in a range of industries. He has served clients in industries including manufacturing, private investments, healthcare, real estate development, and energy services. Brad has also advised lenders and borrowers concerning senior secured loans, asset-based loans, and mezzanine loans.
Prior to Jackson Walker, Brad led the corporate section of a midsize Texas firm and worked in a large multi-national firm. He also served as chief counsel for mergers, acquisitions, and finance for a global manufacturing company, where he led and negotiated acquisitions and dispositions in the United States, Mexico, Asia, and Europe.
Brad’s law firm and in-house experience enables him to provide insightful counsel on private equity and corporate finance matters so that his clients achieve their ultimate business objectives.
B.B.A., Accounting, special distinction, The University of Oklahoma
J.D., magna cum laude, Baylor University School of Law
- Baylor Law Review, Lead Articles Editor
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Debt & Equity Financings
- Private Equity Funds
- Commercial Contracts
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Led the team that advised a manufacturer of quality vinyl and aluminum windows and patio doors in the sale of its business for $240 million, which was recognized by D CEO Magazine as the M&A Deal of the Year in 2017
- Represented private equity firm in the purchase of a document management company, a job placement software company, a software service providing volume rebates to individual builders; and the sale of an internet-based (SaaS) platform, a distributor of restaurant pager coaster systems, and a geopolitical intelligence and advisory firm
- Represented private equity firm in the purchase of a manufacturer of road sign support beams, light poles, bridge barriers, and cell phone towers
- Represented private equity fund in the purchase of an industrial high water pressure paint removal company
- Represented healthcare company in the purchase of multiple hospitals and senior living centers
- Represented an irrigation controls manufacturer in the purchase of a golf course pumping system business from a public company
- Represented a packaging company in the purchase of a processor of ceramic tiles
- Represented a directional oil & gas drilling company in the purchase of a similar business with a different technology
- Handled the sale of a T-shirt printing and school sports spirit items business to a private equity fund
- Handled the sale of an oil & gas pipeline construction company to a strategic buyer
Private Equity Investments
- Negotiated and closed multiple investments in private equity funds and co-investments for a client focused on the North American lower middle market
- Negotiated and closed multiple private investments for a Dallas-based growth capital firm
- Negotiated and closed the credit facility of a data center developer
- Negotiated and closed an asset-based credit facility for a healthcare company
- Advised in the formation of a joint venture for an ultra-high value residential development in Westlake, Texas
- Advised in the formation of a joint venture among several investors, including two family offices, to operate restaurants across Texas and the Western U.S.
“Best Lawyers in Dallas” List, D Magazine, 2015, 2021
West Dallas Community School, Board Member, 2021-Present
September 13, 2021Attorney News
Joining our Chambers USA-ranked Corporate & Securities practice, Brad Mahanay focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and corporate finance for clients in the manufacturing, private investments, healthcare, real estate development, and energy services industries.