Bradley S. Knippa
Brad Knippa is a partner in Jackson Walker’s Corporate & Securities practice group and is a Certified Public Accountant. He has represented private real estate investment funds, private equity funds, strategic buyers and sellers, family offices, and entrepreneurs in connection with more than 150 merger and acquisition, investment, or divestiture transactions with values between $1 million and $230 million.
Brad serves clients in a variety of industries including:
- real estate
- healthcare and life sciences
- consumer packaged goods (CPG)
- quick service restaurants (QSR)
- business services
Brad advises clients in a broad range of transactions including:
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- structuring and formation of investment funds
- joint ventures
- offerings of debt and equity securities
- general corporate governance
- transactional matters
Brad also serves as de facto general counsel for many of his operating company clients, providing counsel on a variety of corporate and transactional matters, including distribution and marketing agreements, key agreements with customers and vendors, management, consulting and service agreements, and other commercial agreements.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Brad practiced as a Certified Public Accountant with Ernst & Young LLP, and as Certified Public Accountant and tax attorney with KPMG, LLP. Brad is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas and is a member of the State Bar of Texas. Brad received his B.A. and his J.D. from the University of Texas.
B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
- “Austin’s Top Attorneys” List – Corporate Counsel, Austin Monthly, 2021, 2022
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2006-2009
- State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Lyceum, Board Member
- Austin Independent School District’s Adopt-A-School Program, Volunteer
- Austin Area Alzheimer’s Association, Volunteer
- Junior Achievement of Central Texas, Volunteer
- Muscular Dystrophy Association, Volunteer
- Young Alumni Task Force for the University of Texas Ex-Students’ Association, Former Member
- Executive Committee of the John Ben Sheppard Leadership Forum, Former Member
- Executive Committee of the Seton Forum, Chairman
- Ronald McDonald House of Austin, Advisory Board
October 25, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 14 attorneys recognized among Austin Monthly’s list of “Austin’s Top Attorneys” for 2022. For recognition in the list, Austin attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer experienced counsel in one of 38 categories.
August 3, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the 20 attorneys recognized among “Austin’s Top Attorneys” for 2021. For recognition in the list, Austin attorneys must be nominated by their peers on the basis that they offer experienced counsel in one of 43 categories.
June 24, 2020Client Results
Jackson Walker Advises Bitterblue Investments on Initial Closing of Real Estate and Opportunity Zone Funds
Bitterblue Investments completed the formation and initial closing of two funds, both of which are actively deploying capital.
January 24, 2020Client Results
Jackson Walker served as legal counsel to Tarrytown Expocare in securing an investment from Chicago-based healthcare private equity firm Sheridan Capital Partners for an undisclosed amount.
September 12, 2019Client Results
Jackson Walker Represents Investor Group in Ownership Expansion of Major League Soccer’s Newest Team, Austin FC
A Jackson Walker team represented an investor group including Eddie Margain, Matthew McConaughey, Marius Haas, and Bryan Sheffield in their investment in the Major League Soccer (MLS) expansion club Austin FC.
May 24, 2018Client Results
Jackson Walker Coordinates Deal to Transform Dell Diamond Into Major Filming Location for “Fear the Walking Dead”
Working on behalf of Ryan Sanders Baseball, L.P., Jackson Walker partners Brad Knippa and Emilio Nicolas successfully negotiated an agreement with the production company for AMC’s Fear the Walking Dead to transform Dell Diamond into the post-apocalyptic world featured in the hit TV series.
February 19, 2015Spotlight
Jackson Walker was honored for its 50 years of membership in the Austin Chamber of Commerce.
September 9, 2014Client Results
Jackson Walker successfully represented Scott Felder Homes in its acquisition by BR Homebuilding Group, L.P., a newly formed homebuilding company financed in part by United Development Funding IV, a publicly traded Maryland real estate investment trust listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market. The terms of the transaction have not been publicly disclosed.