Brett M. Epstein
Brett M. Epstein is an associate in Jackson Walker’s Real Estate Section. Brett has experience in a wide variety of real estate matters, including the acquisition, disposition, development and leasing of various types of real estate projects, including commercial, multifamily, mixed-use and raw land assets. Brett regularly assists in the representation of landlords and tenants in commercial, retail and industrial matters. As part of this practice, Brett has experience preparing purchase and sale documents, leasing documents, easement agreements, and access agreements, as well as reviewing title and survey. Additionally, Brett has experience representing financial institutions in various types of lending transactions, including real estate, construction and commercial financing.
Brett works to achieve his client’s goals by maintaining a practical, yet creative, approach. Brett knows that every client’s needs are unique and understands the importance of being responsive and efficient.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Brett served as an intern to the Honorable Judge Melody M. Wilkinson for the Tarrant County 17th District Court.
B.A., University of Georgia
J.D., cum laude, Texas Tech University School of Law
- Texas Tech Law Review, Staff Member, Articles Editor
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Banking and Finance Law, 2021-2023
- Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2019, 2022
- “Top Attorneys” List – Real Estate, 360 West, 2018, 2021
- “Top Attorneys” List – Real Estate, Fort Worth Magazine, 2015-2021
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation: Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation: Fellow
- Author, “Should the Crime Determine the Extent of Due Process?: The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Followed Such Logic During the Penn State Scandal,” 21 Sports L.J. (2014) – national legal journal edited by Tulane University Law School and published by the Sports Lawyer Association
- “The Rules of Cyber-Warfare: What Are the Issues With These Rules, How Can the United States Respond to an Attack When Applying these Rules, and Should New Rules Be Enacted?” 18 Holy Cross J. L. & Pub. Pol’y (2014)
- Texas Bank Lawyer – 12 published articles in the following editions: November 2011, February 2012, April 2012, June 2012, January 2013, April 2013, and February 2014
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Fort Worth – Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- Fort Worth Wildcatters
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Growth Leads
August 18, 2022Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 214 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2023 Edition, Including 11 “Lawyers of the Year” and 41 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 214 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 79 specialty practice areas in its 2023 edition, including 11 Lawyers of the Year and 41 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
March 22, 2022Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 51 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2022 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 2.5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.
August 25, 2021Attorney News
Jackson Walker Congratulates the Fort Worth Attorneys Named to the “Top Attorneys 2021” List in ‘360 West Magazine’
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 15 Fort Worth-based attorneys to 360 West Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2021. To be selected for inclusion, attorneys with an active license and who practice within the Tarrant County area can nominate up to three attorneys in 44 specialty areas who reflect relevant practice areas in the region.
August 19, 2021Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 178 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2022 Edition, Including 8 “Lawyers of the Year” and 31 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 178 Jackson Walker attorneys across 6 offices and 67 specialty practice areas in its 2022 edition, including 8 Lawyers of the Year and 31 Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers listings are based on an exhaustive peer review survey of thousands of attorneys who vote on the legal abilities of others in their practice areas.
November 25, 2020Attorney News
Jackson Walker proudly announces the selection of nine Fort Worth-based attorneys to Fort Worth Magazine’s “Top Attorneys” list for 2020. The full list will be released in the magazine’s December 2020 issue.
August 20, 2020Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 164 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2021 Edition, Including 9 “Lawyers of the Year” and 25 “Ones to Watch”
Jackson Walker congratulates the 164 attorneys who were selected by their peers as Best Lawyers, including 9 Lawyers of the Year and 25 Ones to Watch, across 6 offices and 66 specialty practice areas.
March 6, 2019Attorney News
Jackson Walker is excited to congratulate our 34 attorneys who were named to Thomson Reuters’ 2019 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list.
July 2, 2018Attorney News
Jackson Walker congratulates the twelve Fort Worth-based attorneys included in the “Top Attorneys” list by 360 West, a lifestyle magazine that provides readers who live in the Fort Worth, Southlake, and Arlington areas a full-circle view of where they live. The list was released in the magazine’s July 2018 edition.
March 2, 2018Attorney News
Our Fort Worth office has over 25 attorneys who offer significant experience in business law, healthcare, environmental law, labor and employment, litigation, and real estate law. Our attorneys are dedicated not only to the needs of their clients but also to the Fort Worth community.