Clinton J. Kuykendall
Clinton Kuykendall focuses his practice on finance, real estate and commercial lending transactions. Clinton represents financial institutions – including banks, credit companies and insurance companies – as lenders and individuals and corporate entities as borrowers in connection with numerous real estate, commercial and corporate lending transactions.
Clinton’s real estate practice has included representing both lenders and borrowers in construction, bridge and permanent financing transactions secured by a wide variety of properties, including office buildings, shopping centers, industrial property, medical office buildings and multi-family residential projects. In addition to representing lenders, Clinton has also represented borrowers in the same type of real estate transactions. The borrowers on such transactions have ranged from sophisticated, multi-state developers to small, individual borrowers seeking to invest newfound equity.
Clinton’s commercial lending practice has included representing both lenders and borrowers in a variety of complex financing structures, including lines of credit, acquisition term loans, equipment financing, working capital loans, growth capital loans and combinations of the foregoing. Such transactions have included both single-lender transactions and multi-lender transactions, drafting and negotiating subordination and intercreditor agreements with and between third-party lenders, and guiding clients through financing of mergers and acquisitions. Clinton has particular experience in asset-based financing transactions involving borrowers in the technology and life sciences industries. Clinton has also assisted clients seeking to acquire and expand operations through acquisition financing and operating lines of credit.
B.A., University of St. Thomas
J.D., SMU Dedman School of Law
- Corporate Counsel Symposium Editor, SMU Law Review Association
- Clinton received the highest score on the February 2017 Texas Bar Exam
- Garney Construction, $927 million project financing in connection with the Vista Ridge regional water supply project
- “North American Deal of the Year” – Project Finance International
- “North American Water Deal of the Year” – IJGlobal
- “Water Deal of the Year” – Global Water Intelligence
- Representation of numerous international, national and regional lenders in connection with construction and term loans for multi-family, office and industrial projects throughout the United States
- Representation of borrower of approximately $86,000,000 for the construction of 43-story luxury apartment tower in downtown Houston
- Representation of a lender of approximately $101,000,000 loan facilities in connection with acquisition of auto dealerships
- Representation of a lender of numerous loans in the aggregate of over $75,000,000 to technology and life science companies
- Representation of borrower in merger of its portfolio company and associated $325,000,000 loan facilities
- Representation of private equity client in Chapter 11 acquisition and restructuring of associated approximately $56,000,000 loan facilities
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Banking and Finance Law, 2024
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2023
August 17, 2023Attorney News
‘The Best Lawyers in America’ Honors 287 Jackson Walker Attorneys in 2024 Edition, Including 12 “Lawyers of the Year” and 80 “Ones to Watch”
The Best Lawyers in America has recognized 287 Jackson Walker attorneys across 5 offices and 82 specialty practice areas in its 2024 edition, including 12 Lawyers of the Year and 80 Ones to Watch. In this year’s guide, Jackson Walker saw the largest number of attorneys in the areas of Commercial Litigation (66 attorneys) and Real Estate Law (60 attorneys) and the addition of 35 attorneys as Best Lawyers.
August 8, 2023Mentions
Jonathan D. Neerman, Jesse S. Lotay, Rebecca Blake Chaikin, Clinton J. Kuykendall, and Miguel A. Ortiz provided insight on the much sought-after Texas legal market with Chambers Associate.
April 24, 2023Newsletters
View Jackson Walker’s April 2023 Diversity & Inclusion Newsletter, Perspectives.
March 23, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker is pleased to announce the selection of 63 attorneys to Thomson Reuters’ 2023 “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” list, which recognizes only 5% of Texas attorneys who either are 40 years of age or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less.