Edward C. Small
Ed served as counsel to companies, associations and landowners with legislative, regulatory and litigation issues. For more than 40 years, Ed represented his clients at the courthouse, legislature and state agencies and was the go-to lawyer in Texas for issues in the agriculture industry.
Jackson Walker features profiles of its Retired Partners in recognition of their long and accomplished service to the firm, our clients, and our communities. Our Retired Partners are no longer practicing law. If you are interested in consulting with a Jackson Walker lawyer in the practice area where Ed worked, please email us here. We will connect you with someone who can be most helpful for your inquiry, or pass along a personal message to our Retired Partner.
B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin
J.D., University of Texas School of Law
Litigation and legislative experience includes:
- Water rights
- Property rights
- Oil and gas
- Animal health issues
- Mineral interests
- Received the 2013 Excellence in Agriculture award from the American Agricultural Law Association.
- Best of Business Attorneys & Corporate Counsel – Legislative/Lobbying, Austin Business Journal, 2005
- The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.)
- Litigation – Environmental, 2007-2020
- Energy Law – 2017-2020
- Government Relations Practice, 2017-2020
- Leadership Award, Texas Forestry Association, 2017
- Texas Agricultural Land Trust, Advisory Board Member
- Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association, Honorary Director
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Texas Farm Bureau
- State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Bar Association