W. Graham McCall
Graham McCall is a partner in the Corporate & Securities section of Jackson Walker’s Dallas office. His practice focuses on advising private investment fund sponsors, including registered investment advisers and CPO/CTAs, regarding the formation, offering and ongoing operations of a wide variety of open and closed-ended funds spanning multiple strategies and asset classes, including hedge, private equity, credit, real estate, energy, digital asset, venture capital and fund-of-funds. He also has experience representing family offices, sovereign wealth funds and public and private pensions performing diligence and negotiating terms for investments in comingled and co-investment vehicles. Graham’s transactional funds practice is complimented by his deep regulatory experience helping clients navigate complex issues arising under SEC, CFTC and NFA rules and regulations.
Prior to joining Jackson Walker, Graham served as counsel in the investment funds practice at a large global law firm. He also previously served as Vice President and Assistant General Counsel for the asset management division of a multinational financial services company, where he advised trading desks and portfolio managers on regulatory and documentation issues affecting derivatives. Graham began his legal career at the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission where he worked on various Dodd-Frank rulemakings impacting the trading and market structure of derivatives.
B.B.A., with honors, University of Texas at Austin
J.D., magna cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
- Articles Editor, American University Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Represented a credit fund manager in closing a series of funds across multiple strategies totaling more than $3 billion in commitments.
- Represented a middle market private equity manager in closing more than $700 million in commitments across comingled funds and related co-investment vehicles.
- Represented a structured credit manager in closing a series of funds across multiple asset-backed strategies totaling more than $1.5 billion in commitments.
- Represented a venture capital manager in closing more than $650 million in commitments from over 150 investors in a digital asset-focused hedge fund.
- Represented a leading global asset manager in the launch of a multi-strategy, multi-manager hedge fund with $400 million in subscriptions.
- Advised a leading UK quantitative hedge fund manager regarding compliance with various SEC, CFTC and NFA rules and regulations.
- Drafted a first-of-its-kind master cryptocurrency lending agreement.
- Capital For Kids, CONNECT Board Member
- Lambda Legal, Liberty Circle Member
January 23, 2023Insights
SEC Staff Confirms: “Net” Performance Required to Be Shown for Case Studies in Investment Adviser Marketing Materials
Even as the November 4, 2022, deadline has come and gone for registered investment advisers to comply with the SEC’s new Marketing Rule, private fund sponsors have continued to grapple with implementing one of the rule’s more consequential requirements.
By W. Graham McCall
January 13, 2023Attorney News
Jackson Walker welcomes Lisa Peterson and Graham McCall to the Fort Worth and Dallas practices, respectively. Joining the Corporate & Securities practice, Lisa and Graham serve the transactional and regulatory needs of private equity, alternative investment management, family office, institutional investor, and other corporate clients.