Jessica Schwartz is an associate in Jackson Walker’s Corporate & Securities group. Jessica has experience representing public and private companies and private equity and venture capital clients in a variety of matters, such as mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity offerings, and SEC reporting and compliance. She also has experience assisting clients with negotiating and drafting contracts in support of business operations, including service agreements, telemedicine physician coverage and technology services agreements, subscription services agreements, and licensing agreements.
B.A., University of Texas at Austin
J.D., magna cum laude, Baylor University School of Law
- Dean’s List
- Senior Articles Editor, Baylor Law Review
- Pro Bono Transactional Team
- The Order of the Barristers
- Baylor Public Interest Legal Society
- Presidential Research Fellow
- Formation and capital raising for private equity funds engaged in a wide array of industries, including manufacturing, alternative energy, technology, and healthcare.
- M&A transactions on behalf of both buyers and sellers.
- Purchases and sales of stock, other equity interests, and assets.
- Compliance issues affecting private fund managers under the Investment Advisers Act and Investment Company Act.
- Exchange Act compliance for reporting companies.
- Corporate governance matters.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (Woodward/White Inc.), Corporate Law, 2021-2022